• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vuelta Vuelta Vuelta

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
GCN coverage laughing moment: Roglič takes a selfie with a fan and sticks phone 5cm from Valverde's face just to mess with him as he's being interviewed.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
One of the unexpected things about the TTT - watching Gesink finish made me realise we now have a new area for aero treatment.

Between the saddle and the clamp :geek:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
GCN coverage laughing moment: Roglič takes a selfie with a fan and sticks phone 5cm from Valverde's face just to mess with him as he's being interviewed.
Bob Roll and Christian Vandervelde did the commentary this weekend during the Vuelta on CNBC, I think or was it USA? ... I didn't subscribe to Peacock. WOW they were actually great together. I love Phil Liggett but he and Bob are like oil & water! LOL Time for Phil to pass the baton. Christian and Bob together were on point, interesting, funny and sometimes a tad bit (trying desperately to insert a "Bobism" from the TDF ... Tis, Twas... "Tad bit" will do ROFLMAO ) "controversial"

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bob Roll and Christian Vandervelde did the commentary this weekend during the Vuelta on CNBC, .... Time for Phil to pass the baton.

Yup. Love and respect Phil to the nth degree, but Bob and Christian would be wonderful for the T d'F.

Although Christian might miss pushing the virtual bikes around back in the studio! ;)

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yup. Love and respect Phil to the nth degree, but Bob and Christian would be wonderful for the T d'F.

Although Christian might miss pushing the virtual bikes around back in the studio! ;)
How the hell does that virtual box thing work anyway!?!? Ha ha ha I've always wondered what it looks like to them.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Roglic .... outta there.... Sad but Wifey had the best bike commentary ever and caught me totally off guard when she waived her hand in dismissal and said, " Roglic always crashes out! " ... I was like who, what???? Who are you? I didn't even think you were paying attention to the actual races during all the Oorla clothing discussions & drinking games and Bobisms (Tis, Twas, Castle this, Fort that... )!!! LMAO

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Roglic and luck, his is too often is bad luck, for whatever reason. Like the song lyrics" If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all." Will he change teams soon? Have heard some discussion that he might.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Stage 16, I guess there was some drama around whether or not Evenepoel had his flat tire before the 3km mark or not. I heard today on "La Movida" confirmed by a Vuelta commissioner that the official rule is, if the refs determine that the flat happened before the 3km mark, you lose the time. After 3km, no loss of time. Riders will flat at 3.5 or more and keep riding and stop after the 3km mark to not lose time. Refs can, but don't punish that unless the rider makes it VERY obvious prior to 3k. The ref said, the rule is there help the riders, not punish them.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Roglic and luck, his is too often is bad luck, for whatever reason. Like the song lyrics" If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all." Will he change teams soon? Have heard some discussion that he might.
I honestly don't think anymore it has anything to do with luck or lack of it. It's just too often to be luck related. I hate to say this, but if it's once, maybe twice, then ok it's bad luck. If it's pretty much every single race at least one crash (most of them are bad enough to influence race outcome) it's not just bad luck.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I honestly don't think anymore it has anything to do with luck or lack of it. It's just too often to be luck related. I hate to say this, but if it's once, maybe twice, then ok it's bad luck. If it's pretty much every single race at least one crash (most of them are bad enough to influence race outcome) it's not just bad luck.
I probably agree with you that it's beyond bad luck, but I wish it were just a matter of luck.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
So do I. I'm not really his (or anyone elses fan), but since I actually know him, and he's really cool guy, I kinda care more about his results then someone elses. So it feels somehow bad seeing this. But regardless of what, and regardless that it looks like he's crashing a lot, and that he lost TdF (more then just once), he still has results that pretty much every single rider in cycling history would kill for.