• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wanted: black plastic heel-plate protector for Look N17

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
It wasn't until the next version that the black plastic protector was incorporated. These are the original N17/Grand Prix heels.

Look 04.jpg

TS
O

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
It wasn't until the next version that the black plastic protector was incorporated. These are the original N17/Grand Prix heels.

look-04-jpg.14317

Interesting. The other White Star has an N17 Grand Prix heel with a plastic protector. I guess someone took a protector from the next version and put it on.

012.JPG

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I think LOOK did make them for the early model but I don't know when they showed up. It could have been a year or two in, I really don't know.
Maybe some of our more 'senior' members can recollect more details as I was still crawling on the floor at that point!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
O

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Thanks @Bill Talbot and @Joal. My best guess:

-- The bindings are 1963 N17s mounted on the White Stars in the late 1960s. The leather safety straps make me think early 1960s.

-- The Look toe pads and heel protector are from the late 1960s. They were put on when the N17s were mounted on the White Stars.

-- The skis are 1-owner skis.

Interesting skis and bindings. The owner's name is scratched on both. If I can find a black plastic heel protector, I will put it on the heel without. If not, I will take it off the heel with. Willing to pay $10.

Sponsor

Staff online