• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WANTED: pin-pedal bike shoe that looks and fits like a "walker" ortho shoe.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
MUST have:
Extra wide toebox
Strap closure (BOA and lace are no-go)
Approach shoe tread
Moderate rocker

Must NOT have:
Internal tongue tensioning strap.

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I don't know about the last 2 requirements (rocker sole on a flat pedal..why?) but the 5/10 Ketsrel Boa's (you can cover the optional cleat hole) or it's pure flat shoe equivolent is the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn..on or off a bike. They are in high demand and short supply (like all worthy bike products right now).

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I don't know about the last 2 requirements (rocker sole on a flat pedal..why?)

Because injury. The requirements are firm.

but the 5/10 Ketsrel Boa's (you can cover the optional cleat hole) or it's pure flat shoe equivolent is the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn..on or off a bike. They are in high demand and short supply (like all worthy bike products right now).

Nice shoe but not useful in this case. Again, no laces. The tongue has be liftable out of the shoe entirely every time, or the shoe is just a closet ornament like my other several pairs.

Any shoe where you slide the foot forward to get in -> closet ornament.

Essentially, I am looking for a cycling-adapted version of this (because I am sick of cycling with actual this):

1618237277453.png

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Shoes made for what you're doing are also made to look cool, so they will sell. The shoes you're describing will only look cool if some big stars start riding with them. Failing that I think you're looking in the "medical professionals" section at the shoe store and having very low expectations about the stickiness of the sole.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Failing that I think you're looking in the "medical professionals" section at the shoe store and having very low expectations about the stickiness of the sole.

About a week before I started the thread I thought exactly as you do.

But I have faith, and I have strong reason to have faith. Witness:

Sidi make a shoe called the Dimaro SDS that is almost spot on - they even have the rocker. Except I'd have to buy one size or two sizes larger because no MEGA last is available, remove the internal laces and rely on Velcro closure. It would have been lovely if someone on any forum actually had a pair to tell me this is possible.

Lake make a TX 223XT Air Wide that is almost spot on - even the width is correct - except for the pin pedal sole.

they also make a MX 237 podium that has the exactly correct sole

Fizik make a shoe with the right closure:

So. The closure is available on market. The soles and width are available on market. I just have to find them in the same product - or in a modifiable product.

Can you help?

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
So. The closure is available on market. The soles and width are available on market. I just have to find them in the same product - or in a modifiable product.

Can you help?

Check out your local shoe repair shops. May be a cobbler can help with modifications or ideas for what you are looking for.

Sponsor

Staff online