• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Warren Miller Virtual Tour?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Am I the only one perplexed by the marketing of the 2020 movie? What am I missing. (I must not be understanding this)? Since you cant go to a theater, for $30.00 you gather all your friends to your house and watch the movie? This doesn't seem particularly safe. Why not make it a virtual party and stream it to thousands of people at one time (or set times per region), and enable comments making this a true Virtual experience? when I saw the promotion, I thought they were selling a block of IP authorizations enabling a group of IP's where you could watch the movie with your friends in a safe manner and from your home and face time or something while watching. (group all watchers using a unique access code) Confused.... we just watched a Seinfeld reunion on line event last week where 7000 people watched it together each person/user had an access code.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm like...
:huh:

I get the future retro thing, and I am stoked to see the movie but the virtual tour thing is a little lost on me.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I get the virtual concept but I dont get their virtual concept.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
I think they simply got flat footed. Every time I have gone to a premier in person it always “feels” like there is a local organizer, even when they have been official tour locations.

I doubt they had the correct staff at WME to make this all work in the last minute. Marketing has always been a repeat of the year before and sometimes hyper local from what I have experienced.

But I agree with Ron. This doesn’t seem like a safe event anymore. The online chat interface would have been nice. Even better would have been changing up the format and providing love athlete interviews after each segment. Just a 10-15 min AMA style thing with streamed video answers. Virtual can create more intimate access to the filmmakers and athletes the hundreds of premiers can’t. It wouldn’t have the same stoke. But it still had potential to be more than a bland streaming release.

Sponsor

Staff online