• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Water temperature to wash ski jacket?

James

Out There
Instructor
Does all wash in DWR smell like Elmer’s Glue?
The Tech Wash stuff sure does.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
My thinking on this is your outerwear should not ever be in direct contact with your body, therefore how dirty will it really get?
My jacket and pants got dirt from touching the outside of my car, which is dirty from winter driving, especially on dirt roads.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
This thread will have me soaking my teal Fantasy Salomon jacket and some gloves.

Not advice but what semi-ignorant me thinks he will do, just like with down sleeping bags, bit of Woolite in cool luke warm wash basin or bath tub, act like a happy puppy. Rinse with more water twice. Dry and shake.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Anybody know the best way to remove a small blood stain from a patrol jacket?
Asking for a friend. ;)

Having a bit of trouble finding this but Grime Eater will get that out. They're out of Montreal. It's gets chairlift grease out too. Can mail order a case of 6 and share with friends.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
The sad thing about blood stains is how they dry into that dark brown, or even gray after a long while. Looks like you spilled some mustard eating a hot dog or something. Not a good look.

If they stayed bright red I'd be tempted to leave them on.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Magnets, anyone?

My ski chalet is a trailer and I do some hand washing, usually just base and mid layers and socks. I use a tiny amount of soap and magnets which makes rinsing a lot easier.

I have seen tests where magnets have failed to to remove stains, but then front load washers are not good at stain removal either but probably better than magnets.

AFAIK, soap works to break the surface tension of water and thus help float dirt away. My guess is that these powerful magnets also work to break water surface tension, just not as well as soap.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
The sad thing about blood stains is how they dry into that dark brown, or even gray after a long while. Looks like you spilled some mustard eating a hot dog or something. Not a good look.

If they stayed bright red I'd be tempted to leave them on.
Perhaps we could just tell folks it's a grease stain from the lift. That's easier than washing. :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor