• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WaveCel Class Action Lawsuit

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

I've given up on having nice things; of course cycling has to have it's own chain of SawStop lawsuits.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
A number of people in the industry saw that coming, based on the brand's messaging and what was conveyed in dealer clinics. They made claims that were left themselves open to litigation. It is why those vest things that you wear on water are called Personal Floatation Devices, and not life preservers.

Last edited:
TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I've given up on having nice things; of course cycling has to have it's own chain of SawStop lawsuits.
That saw stop thing is pretty cool. I only use a table saw for ripping. Scares the hell outta me. I try to use a hand saw as much as possible. Chicken

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I find it scary that this lawsuit wasn't due to an injury, but a marketing claim. It makes one wonder why any company would want to develop any ind of new product, let alone a safety related one

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
A number of people in the industry saw that coming, based on the brand's messaging and what was conveyed in dealer clinics. They made claims that were left themselves open to litigation.
I suppose we'll be able to see what their methodology was to obtain those numbers.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of the most illuminating things that could be done is to dig down a bit on the law firm that filed the case. But I need a nap.

It's like when a certain firm I probably don't dare name files yet another suit against an automobile manufacturer. People yawn and keep buying the product.

And Marty's right. Plenty of industry people that have been sitting on their thumbs w/r/t helmet development for the last decade hoped to see this coming. ;)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
"Up to..." could mean 0-48.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I find it scary that this lawsuit wasn't due to an injury, but a marketing claim. It makes one wonder why any company would want to develop any ind of new product, let alone a safety related one
Exactly.

Sponsor

Staff online