• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Waxing with Donny

James

Out There
Instructor
Classic
“My mitah saw was friggin shahrp so I just whipped up this here scrapah”
753D6C1E-8BDE-4F53-B41A-1E62AC381F13.jpeg

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Trying to be funny when you're not.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
The funny part is when you realise how many people he does successfully trigger with the whole self-parody schtick.
Yea, maybe it's just me, but nothing made me laugh. It's not easy being me. I rarely laugh.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A lot of this is grassroots influencer advertising/marketing. Ex-Olympians need to eat too, and I get it that Fischer or mountainflow or alterra/ Palisades are paying the bills for these videos. So I lower the comedy bar since this is more sponsored product integration rather than just pure comedy bits

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Classic
“My mitah saw was friggin shahrp so I just whipped up this here scrapah”
Totally! Only I make mine out of scraps of 1/4" - 3/8" Plexiglass. My 1970's era metal scraper wasn't designed for today's wider ski widths, sometimes we have to improvise:roflmao:

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Jeesum, just gonna use wd 40

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just fricken put that fricken stuff on there and now you want me to scrape it all off? :roflmao:
A civil engineer on a Ski Club trip, snowboarder, bought a waxing iron and wax on the trip and offered to wax one of the women's snowboard and my skis. He did her snowboard first and I noticed no scraper brushes or cork, when asked the engineer said he never scrapes the wax because it wears off after the first run
:facepalm:

Needless to say I declined the offer, took my skis to the area's ski shop and had 'em run thru a Winterstiger machine, tuned the edges too.

True story!

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had a speakin to with Donny a couple of weeks ago when he was at Sunday River. Me and him pointed em down his mogul course and went wicked fast. I was talkin to him about my wax and told him he shoulda used Dominata Butta wax like me. Best stuff to go wicked fast in the spring. I told him I liked his video and he did a pretty good job. I did forget to get some Moxie afta runnin the course, he was givin it away for freaken free.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"...they're gonna swap it out this summa with a six pack quad..." :D