• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
L&AirC

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
OK. So I did four pairs of skis with my version of the posts above. Cold crayoned (for maximum coverage), hot crayoned making sure the drips from the iron landed on the base, ironed in wax, used fiberlene to soak up wax. After the cure time, easy peasy scrape and brush.

Without a doubt, this uses less wax than just dripping and just as noticeably, the clean up was easier since there is less mess.

Improvements for this process for "me" is to get the fiberlene sheets. I just bought a new roll of fiberlene so I have a bit. I did dabble with doubling up the sheets and all and ended up with leaving it as one ply still on the roll, but unrolling about 16" or 18". I then start with the iron in a corner next to the rolled up part, go a little, then the opposite corner, then the middle, then repeat one row down. Seems to work well.

Only have about another 120' to go before my next purchase :eek:

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
received a stocking gift,FastStik. Anybody ever use it ,comments. small container like a deodorant container that you wipe on

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I've used a lot of different wiper products, but since I don't get free wipers anymore I've been experimenting with other brands. I used to get free Tork and KC.

Tractor supply sells this brand and might be my new favorite. It is thinner than Scott Towel or any shop towel brand and won't tear when you use it with an iron.

1673616914853.png

Also tried this when a KC engineer suggested it. Unscented.

1673617014684.png

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tractor supply sells this brand and might be my new favorite. It is thinner than Scott Towel or any shop towel brand and won't tear when you use it with an iron.
Huh! Very cool.