• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

We were all there once -- GAPER SKI LIST

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm still guilty of enhanced variations of many things on that list. One boot off to get from the ski house across the parking lot or down the access road a bit to a parking spot near the base lift is something I'll never be ashamed of.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I've done 7 on the original list, as well as the dreaded "forgot a major piece of equipment at home" a time or two. Leaving boots out overnight in the car was the most egregious, the others like tucking pants into boots was sort of a thing in the 70's. And WD-40 or spray Pam on bases actually works for several turns on spring snow before wearing off.

Has anyone else ever hit your head on somebody's skis while they are riding the lift and you are skiing below? I've managed that at Beaver Mtn on a big snow year. Usually they dig big grooves under the chairs or use bamboo poles to lock up the potential conflict area, but yet, there we were. I think the chair rider made a bit of an effort to thwack me as well.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Did you folks go back and forth on Cat Tracks making the list? I'd think that might have been a shoe in prior to the last season booting up at the car requirements..

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What's a "Texas Suitcase"? Does it involve jeans and Cowboys sweatshirts?
Texas Suitcase
90B2EF95-0ED7-4EC3-9224-E52499678D6D_1_101_o.jpeg

How many faux pas are in this picture too?

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Finally, a list I can relate to ... 10! I actually "dominoed" an entire ski class lined up at the side of the run. No, I wasn't in the class.
That’s more common than you think! ;)

I saw a woman ski straight onto the porch of the ski patrol building, and slam against the front door. She basically straight-lined it down a beginner run without knowing how to turn or stop and just….let the building’s front door stop her.

Sponsor