• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@skibum4ever good for you.
I'm still in limbo, not feeling down about it, but wish I could break it out.
What version of WW are you doing?
I just switched from Blue to Purple. Trying something to shake it up.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We're in Spain now, ainsa and mountain biking every day almost.
My wife rides in the morning, when it's cool.

I, like Phil, don't mind the heat and ride around 3, after my nap.

The last few days was in the upper 90s, but, except for wet headbands, no problem

But i ran out of water, 1.5l, around the 2 1/2 hour mark.

Btw, ainsa is spain's Enduro capital. Fantastic riding, and once you get here, really cheap. Food, in or out, half the Tahoe cost, a nice 2-3 bedroom apartment, under$100 a day.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Rod9301 It sounds like your wife and I would be good riding buddies.

@Philpug and I are getting ready to go for a ride near Tahoe City this morning. Looking forward to this ride.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@skibum4ever good for you.
I'm still in limbo, not feeling down about it, but wish I could break it out.
What version of WW are you doing?
I just switched from Blue to Purple. Trying something to shake it up.

@Tricia I am an imposter in this thread as I am not on Weight Watchers. I started the IP (Ideal Protein) diet last June. It is similar to Keto but emphasizes high protein low carb. I was fairly successful but concerned that I would not keep the weight off.

However I was doing well even after Covid started. Then George Floyd and the protests... those events sapped my willpower and I started nibbling constantly. I guess I was depressed but I know that's not an excuse. My weight has fluctuated throughout my life so I can't really blame the state of the world.

Recently I hit the point of "shrinking shorts" and realized that my cute new wardrobe would be kaput if I didn't turn it around. Right now I am within 2-3 lb. of my desired weight and I'm determined to get down all the way..

This thread is part of my support network and I'm glad to have a place to share my struggles with a group that understands.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia I am an imposter in this thread as I am not on Weight Watchers. I started the IP (Ideal Protein) diet last June. It is similar to Keto but emphasizes high protein low carb. I was fairly successful but concerned that I would not keep the weight off.

However I was doing well even after Covid started. Then George Floyd and the protests... those events sapped my willpower and I started nibbling constantly. I guess I was depressed but I know that's not an excuse. My weight has fluctuated throughout my life so I can't really blame the state of the world.

Recently I hit the point of "shrinking shorts" and realized that my cute new wardrobe would be kaput if I didn't turn it around. Right now I am within 2-3 lb. of my desired weight and I'm determined to get down all the way..

This thread is part of my support network and I'm glad to have a place to share my struggles with a group that understands.
Good for you.
Its more about finding the right balance, not just the program you're on.
WW is working for me, as is reflected on my recent 3 lb weight loss.
I've maintained the 3 lbs down for 5 days in a row, which is very encouraging for me.

I, too, am finding support in this thread. I really like the added information from others like you, Pat, Nancy and Coach!

Keep up the good work and don't hesitate to bump this thread if you need some support.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Since switching to purple and taking a week off from drinking alcohol, I'm seeing some significant change.
I just needed to switch things up a bit.
This is my year from 8/2019-8/2020. You sure can see the COVID 5[cough] closer to 8[cough]

I had forgotten that I dipped to 132.6 back in February. That was during a time when I was running ragged and didn't have time to graze, and I only hit that one day so I considered it a false low.

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 6.48.53 AM.png

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
For those who need that extra nudge to stay on course. Those abs are amazing.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I switched back to Blue on my last weigh in day. I just didn't see Purple doing much for me because the foods that were zero points weren't foods that I eat a lot of and the change didn't make a big difference for me.

But wait! There's more!
I have been doing pretty well about staying below 140 for the past several weeks as long as my big meal of the day isn't dinner.
Yesterday I landed in Michigan to spend time with my family and the first meal served up by my good friend who picked me up at the airport was hamburger tater tot casserole. Mmmmmmm comfort food.
That was a 14 point supper, but the comfort food factor was, well.....comforting.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
I switched back to Blue on my last weigh in day. I just didn't see Purple doing much for me because the foods that were zero points weren't foods that I eat a lot of and the change didn't make a big difference for me.

But wait! There's more!
I have been doing pretty well about staying below 140 for the past several weeks as long as my big meal of the day isn't dinner.
Yesterday I landed in Michigan to spend time with my family and the first meal served up by my good friend who picked me up at the airport was hamburger tater tot casserole. Mmmmmmm comfort food.
That was a 14 point supper, but the comfort food factor was, well.....comforting.

Conscious choices to splurge are important.

I have come to see the difference between a conscious choice to splurge and eating “just because” or for no reason. The “just because” eating makes me feel like crap. The conscious, occasional splurge is truly enjoyable. Such a simple concept that has taken a lifetime to grasp.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
I am about a month into a meditation program. Magically or for some other reason, I have lost any desire for junk food.

I have had a long affair with chips and other salty processed crap. The break up is long overdue!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've now started with WW. What I've found in a week is I really like food and I apparently ate a lot of it! Tracking the points is a good way to stay on top of things, though I find myself checking my watch to see when my next "full" meal is. You can definitely survive on the points given but it's not easy to stop the grazing, which I was quite good at! Anyway, between WW and staying busy on the deck deconstruction I've dropped about 7 in a week. Only 28 or so more to go, which sounds way better than 35.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've now started with WW. What I've found in a week is I really like food and I apparently ate a lot of it! Tracking the points is a good way to stay on top of things, though I find myself checking my watch to see when my next "full" meal is. You can definitely survive on the points given but it's not easy to stop the grazing, which I was quite good at! Anyway, between WW and staying busy on the deck deconstruction I've dropped about 7 in a week. Only 28 or so more to go, which sounds way better than 35.
The grazing is what gets me. I have to keep on top of it.
Portion control for meals (as you know) has never been an issue for me.
Grazing....argh!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm beginning to get a little concerned about my current sedentary lifestyle. I need exercise!!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm beginning to get a little concerned about my current sedentary lifestyle. I need exercise!!
The air is clear today. Nice day for a ride.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We're back on WW. Last year's experience wasn't great because SO loves eggs and they had eggs as ZERO points LOL. I knew that wasn't going to work well. Now that eggs have points again it's working a lot better for her and I get benefits from osmosis while trying to lean towards dinner options that are WW friendly. Just avoiding stuff she can't have at dinner time makes the whole household healthier.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've tried the purple and blue plans but not the Green.
I guess the differences can make a difference on how you like to eat and what your pitfalls are.

Sponsor

Staff online