• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
This is the ninth year of my ski at least 100 days for the season non diet plan.
Initial starting weight 285 pounds at 52 yo.
Current weight 240 pounds at 61yo.
Average loss of 5 pounds per year with out yo-yoing.
Requires getting my butt off the couch daily.
Should settle down to my retirement weight in a couple years.
Getting out on the kayak or SUP fills in once the ski season ends.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@Guy in Shorts I know I do better when I'm moving.
Thanks for the encouragement.

@Dwight mmmmm wine!

Meanwhile I just read this article.. Interesting

Wait ...

The results, released in March 2021, showed that during the pandemic, 42% of respondents gained unwanted weight – 29 pounds on average – and nearly 10% of those people gained more than 50 pounds. On the flip side, nearly 18% of Americans said they experienced unwanted weight loss – on average, a loss of 26 pounds.

Is this really true? Both numbers seem high for an average in a year, but what do I know... (ETA: Maybe the survey wasn't really "scientific.")

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wait ...

The results, released in March 2021, showed that during the pandemic, 42% of respondents gained unwanted weight – 29 pounds on average – and nearly 10% of those people gained more than 50 pounds. On the flip side, nearly 18% of Americans said they experienced unwanted weight loss – on average, a loss of 26 pounds.

Is this really true? Both numbers seem high for an average in a year, but what do I know... (ETA: Maybe the survey wasn't really "scientific.")
You read it on the internet. It must be true. :ogcool:

On the serious side of things, weight loss programs are doing really well right now because of all the people who fell into bad habits during Shelter In Place.

On the other hand, those who were not eating and drinking too much were buying bikes and back country ski set ups.

Meanwhile, I only gained 15 lbs (not 29) so I guess I'm doing okay.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
diet cheating .jpg

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm up 11 lbs. No execise. TV doen't seem to be helping.

Can't seem to jump start the program.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've struggled with the weight gain/loss since radiation, but this past week I started a re-boot with a committment to get back to the basics. Other than a dinner at @Pat AKA mustski 's new house with other SkiTalk friends, I've stuck to it and have ridden my bike or hiked every day. I'm down 1 lb/day since the re-boot and am posting here to be accountable.

My goal is to be at 140 before we leave for Alaska.
I am confident I can do it.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Im pretty sure I’ve lost the same 30 pounds 3 times since this thread started! I am back at it though.
Requires getting my butt off the couch daily.
I'll humbly admit that I've been lazy about counting EVERYTHING, and I've been a little casual about my activities.

@Guy in Shorts ,When Phil and I were successful two years ago we rode bike or hiked a minimum of 6 days a week.
I got lazy about the fitness aspects of it and started grazing a bit. I kept using the breast cancer treatment, its effects on my body, and my lifestyle as an excuse to be easy on myself, but at some point I knew I had to take responsibilty and take control of it.

Just like two years ago when I started WW, I woke up one day last week and said, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired."

I knew that I had to claim it and own it. Re-Boot!

The things I'm doing now that I've been lazy about the past (almost) year
  • No grazing
  • Increasing and meeting my activity goals(increased my fitpoints goal to 175/week)
  • Counting everything that goes in my mouth, including water.
Today's 1.5 hr, 3.7 mile hike with Gypsy this morning trying to beat the heat.
When we got back to the house, it was 97º.
D97A0268-9DD1-42AB-8F73-D90492FB82B4.JPG

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Im pretty sure I’ve lost the same 30 pounds 3 times since this thread started! I am back at it though.
When I read your post again I thought of this meme.

Lose 10 lbs.png

The thing is, I was below my goal for several months. I really need to commit to getting back into prime shape and staying that way.

Future you.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've struggled with the weight gain/loss since radiation, but this past week I started a re-boot with a committment to get back to the basics. Other than a dinner at @Pat AKA mustski 's new house with other SkiTalk friends, I've stuck to it and have ridden my bike or hiked every day. I'm down 1 lb/day since the re-boot and am posting here to be accountable.

My goal is to be at 140 before we leave for Alaska.
I am confident I can do it.
We are sitting in the airport and I'm feeling okay about the past 10 days and my re-boot.
I didn't hit 140, but I did get down to 145, so I lost 4 lbs total in that 10 days with a few up days and a few down days.

So, here I am, being accountable. Didn't meet my goal but not losing track of where I need to be.

IMG_7507.jpeg

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
You look great Tricia. I may be starting this up when I can get on a scale again. I just had foot surgery to get rid of a pesky bone spur on my right foot. I'm crutch bound for the next days (have a countdown widget on my phone). I've managed to maintain my weight from pre covid til now but I fear 30 days of sitting on my a$$ will put me over the edge. Trying to stay ahead of the game by at least eating right.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I managed 3 in my first week of the reboot, but I’m not gonna lie… I miss my cocktail hour. I know cocktails are permitted but they slow down the process for me and I’m up against a hard deadline of September 3. I just don’t want to buy a new formal dress. I hardly wear the two I have.

Sponsor

Staff online