• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I know... I don't take any supplements or vitamins and I feel like I should start but I don't know where to begin
IKR? And I assume there are different probiotics for different things, but how to begin is baffling. I think I have a doctor's appt coming up, so I have this in my notes to ask about.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, loss has slowed a bit but still over 2lbs per week and down a total of 22 in 9 weeks. School started this week which adds in some challenges. I've been eating breakfast later to kind of extend my fasting period but 2 days per week that puts breakfast time right in the middle of my commute to school. Between starting my work day, getting the dog(s) walked, and getting to class I don't have much time to deal with breakfast. The egg bites are okay when I get around to making them which is the key issue. I might have to give in and buy some frozen sandwiches or maybe get my act together and pre-make a bunch of them for the freezer.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was doing well until: a week of camping with all the food, snacks, and drinks that come with it, a weekend with college friends and all that, and two weeks vacation on Lummi Island. I don't think I opened the app for about a month. Throw in smoky conditions that made walking/riding intolerable and, well, I got really close to 200. A week with paying attention to points and getting some riding in and I'm down a little over 7 and getting close to where I was a month or so ago.
I am at my original goal weight but have moved the bar going for another 8 or 10 #s.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As expected, school has slowed progress but I’m down 29.6lbs. I’m feeling much better even though I still have a long ways to go. As cooler weather comes in I’ll be more interested in using my Peloton which will also help.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
As expected, school has slowed progress but I’m down 29.6lbs. I’m feeling much better even though I still have a long ways to go. As cooler weather comes in I’ll be more interested in using my Peloton which will also help.

Holy cow, that's a big weight loss! I have had luck with intermittent fasting, too. But I eat (chocolate) when I'm anxious. I know I have to work on that; it's dumb and adds calories. But at least it's very dark chocolate!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was down that much....not so much now...congrats...I will say I am closer to my goal than where I started. I am back on WW and counting everything now.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Holy cow, that's a big weight loss! I have had luck with intermittent fasting, too. But I eat (chocolate) when I'm anxious. I know I have to work on that; it's dumb and adds calories. But at least it's very dark chocolate!

Honestly, it doesn’t feel as big as it really is. I can’t quite figure out why except that I’m still so angry at and disappointed in myself for being back here after a hard earned loss a few years ago that I gained back. In fact, there are relatively few that watched the last round who I’ve told about this round. In my head I understand the why of being here (not learning to manage real life without the calorie burn of century ride training, law school, a personal trauma and resulting title IX investigation and emotional fallout, etc) but I still feel shame related to it all.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I'm so sorry to hear that, @coskigirl . It sounds like a very rough few years. I've had rough years myself here and there, and the self-destructive stress responses left a lot of shame in their wake. Shame is one of the most corrosive emotions; I urge you to be gentle to yourself.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Honestly, it doesn’t feel as big as it really is. I can’t quite figure out why except that I’m still so angry at and disappointed in myself for being back here after a hard earned loss a few years ago that I gained back. In fact, there are relatively few that watched the last round who I’ve told about this round. In my head I understand the why of being here (not learning to manage real life without the calorie burn of century ride training, law school, a personal trauma and resulting title IX investigation and emotional fallout, etc) but I still feel shame related to it all.

Sounds a bit related to impostor syndrome. And that's wickedly corrosive, to both self-appraisal and future motivation.

<- I was just (re)watching Netflix' doc on Ronnie Coleman, particularly Flex Wheeler's story on how Ronnie was not seeing results in spite of hard work, in spite of ultra careful food plans. And how Flex got Ronnie to chill out and de-stress - vodka/coffee shots - so that de-stressed, non-water retaining Ronnie shot up from barely-invited-to-the-finals-stage to win the world title that week.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can understand that, @coskigirl . Stress increases cortisol, the fight or flight response, and that affects both brain and body. While that's physiological, it still packs an emotional punch.

It sure does.

I'm so sorry to hear that, @coskigirl . It sounds like a very rough few years. I've had rough years myself here and there, and the self-destructive stress responses left a lot of shame in their wake. Shame is one of the most corrosive emotions; I urge you to be gentle to yourself.

I'm trying to be gentle on myself and I'm working to do this in a way that is maintainable long term. I'm not stressing too much if I fall off the eating plan for a day or a few. I'm not relying on intense exercise because of time and energy constraints.

Sounds a bit related to impostor syndrome. And that's wickedly corrosive, to both self-appraisal and future motivation.

Interesting angle on it but you could be right. I'm going to have to think about that some more.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I feel ya.
I've been yoyoing for the past year and I though I've had some medical things that caused some of it, I have no one to blame but myself.
Giving myself permission to celebrate a little too much last week, bloody mary's at the garage sale, cupcakes for my birthday, chips and dips instead of cucumbers and bananas....And don't get me started with the copious amounts of bourbon. :nono:

I need to do what Phil is doing, make better choices about what goes in my mouth and count every ounce.
:doh:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I, too, have continued to struggle. I am not sure why I can’t break below the plateau of 133. I am tracking everything that goes in my mouth and now I have given up alcohol. Although my BMI is “technically” healthy, I am at the top of the range and a whole bunch of clothes don’t fit. Like you @coskigirl, I gained back some hard lost pounds. I get the shame thing and am trying not to be too hard on myself. Before anyone wonders about the 133# … I am only 5’2” so that really is an awkward weight.

Sponsor

Staff online