• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hard boiled eggs are good to keep around.
Fruit, fruit and more fruit. Bananas for sure.
Track everything...it keeps you accountable. Quite frankly...we have trouble using all of our points for food and tend to have 10-15 left by the end of the day for drinks...and we are still losing weight.
You will hear a lot about Built Bars, they are an aquired taste, the texture is marshmallow like but the flavors are very good.
Haven't checked into this thread lately but ski season approaches and I am taking stock.

I am at +5 from my lowest weight which means I am hovering around my original goal of losing 40 lb. I lost the extra 5 lb. on our last ski trip in February/March. I hope I can lose it again when I return to skiing.

I have mentioned Built Bars and a few of my friends have tried them to mixed reviews. However, if you haven't tried them, here's an offer I just received. First time buyers can try a FREE sample of 6 bars by using the following link:

They say to click the link and wait for the pop-up to accept the offer.

Built Bars have a consistency similar to a Milky Way and are very low calorie and low carb. They were a cornerstone of my weight loss. I suspect that this winter they will be my lunch on many ski days when I can't access the lodge.

You can't beat free so give them a try if you're interested.
Built Bars are great if you have a sweet tooth, and they are very filling.
During this whole process I rarely have a sweet tooth for something like a candy bar.. whew. That's one thing I don't have to worry about.
I do, however get hungry for cake from time to time so I did some exploring on that front.

Do you know that you can use a regular cake mix and substitute oil for unsweeteend applesauce and add a sugar free pudding package to it for a moist bunt cake for only 2 pts per slice?
I did this one and it was delicious!
I got the idea from somoene who suggested using a can of crushed pineapple in its own juice with a cake mix to make a pineapple cake for 1 sp.
The sugar free pudding mix only ads moisture, plus whatever flavor you want.
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 3.18.02 PM.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I started WW with some trepidation. Would it work? I know it did for @Tricia and @Philpug so @AKMINK and I pulled the plug. After about 3 months I'm down a hair more than 25# at 196. This is with pretty much just following the points without a ton of extra activity. A walk here, a hunt there, and now some skiing, but nothing consistent. I miss my QUANTITY of food but realize that I really was eating way more than I needed, especially in the snacking/grazing division. Next stop, 190 and beyond! My biggest regret is not starting a long time ago.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I started WW with some trepidation. Would it work? I know it did for @Tricia and @Philpug so @AKMINK and I pulled the plug. After about 3 months I'm down a hair more than 25# at 196. This is with pretty much just following the points without a ton of extra activity. A walk here, a hunt there, and now some skiing, but nothing consistent. I miss my QUANTITY of food but realize that I really was eating way more than I needed, especially in the snacking/grazing division. Next stop, 190 and beyond! My biggest regret is not starting a long time ago.
196 wow you’re catching up to me I was at 188 this morning I got to start paying attention get back down to 183

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Toldya so!

A year ago you said you didn't think you'd ever be below 200, now I doubt you'll be happy if you ever go above it.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wonder what percentage of WW members go over on Thanksgiving (or any holiday) their points.
I used 35 of 23, which includes drinks.
I made a relatively smart breakfast burrito for breakfast, with coffee
Lunch was salad with ranch dressing and panko chicken
Dinner was this dose of deliciousness and a glass(or two) of bourbon.
none of this is excessive, but all of it is luxury compared to daily eating.

IMG_4583.jpeg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The crazy thing is, I went down two pounds after that crazy day.
Back on track today.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven't counted anything for four or five days. The app would break.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After a proper cycling season I am going into the skiing season at 80 kg-lightest I have been in a looooong time.
Cycling absolutely rules.
Now very much looking forward to gaining the lost 10 kg back and be fat and happy at 90 kg again in March hehe...
Losing weight before the ski season has its perks-I had to go from XL to L in jackets and now own a brand new Arcteryx Sabre. AND it is purple. And Volcom bibs. Which are yellow. Happy days!

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven't counted anything for four or five days. The app would break.
Well, only about 4 pounds over the camping-over-Thanksgiving 5 days. Not too bad. We wore masks when we weren't eating or drinking, so no masks most of the time!

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
I wonder what percentage of WW members go over on Thanksgiving (or any holiday) their points.
I doubt many even compute points on holidays.

Whatever lifestyle I follow, holidays are free days. For Thanksgiving, I had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, pie, and ice cream -- much of it homemade. And the first scoop of ice cream was for breakfast. For the holiday, I consume as much as I want of whatever I want. And before I go to bed, I throw out all leftovers and return my fridge to its normal state.

Often, I fast the next day. Fasting helps me erase the temporary weight gain, plus it interrupts any cycle of craving that got triggered by the carb fest.

Well, only about 4 pounds over the camping-over-Thanksgiving 5 days.

5 whole days and only FOUR pounds? Wow, not bad at all.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The best part about where we camp is there is usually no service. No service=no WW app. No app=no points.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
This is my 9th season on the ski at least 100 days a season diet. Started at 285 down to 240 now. Hoping to be under 230 by year 10. Eat what every I want just mange weight with skiing. Lack of indoor drinking and dining this season may speed up the results.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been very lax of late.....still under 190. I'll take it.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've been struggling to stay under 145 since September. Hopefully when treatments are done I'll see a drop on the scale.
For now, I'm giving myself a break and looking to my overall health.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 9.46.25 AM.png

This deal may be a good idea. ;)

Sponsor

Staff online