• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My staple when watching my weight is vodka soda - 0 carbs/calories. Boring as hell but I dress it up with a splash of Pineapple or some lime.
Meh. Vodka is 64 calories/ounce and scotch is 80. I'm a scotch drinker so I'll stick with that. For some reason, alcohol itself slows down the process even when I stick to my WW points and within my daily calories limits.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Meh. Vodka is 64 calories/ounce and scotch is 80. I'm a scotch drinker so I'll stick with that. For some reason, alcohol itself slows down the process even when I stick to my WW points and within my daily calories limits.

It all depends on whether you count carbs or calories. I'm a carb counting gal so it's 0 for carbs. I love Scotch as well which is basically no carbs. All depends on your tracking method and what works for you. Everyone is different so all good. Good luck!!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Meh. Vodka is 64 calories/ounce and scotch is 80. I'm a scotch drinker so I'll stick with that.

I think you're referring to 70 proof.

For some reason, alcohol itself slows down the process even when I stick to my WW points and within my daily calories limits.

Yup. *Points to liver triglyceride conversion chat we had up thread*

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Currently starting my own reboot. Just a couple of pounds above my goal weight but...I am considering foot surgery in August. I see an orthopedist this Friday.

Surgery will lead to the possibility of weight gain so I need to get ahead of it NOW!

Heading out to shop for lots of veggies and salad possibilities. I did this before and hopefully I can do it again. The operative word is "hopefully".

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Currently starting my own reboot. Just a couple of pounds above my goal weight but...I am considering foot surgery in August. I see an orthopedist this Friday.

Surgery will lead to the possibility of weight gain so I need to get ahead of it NOW!

Heading out to shop for lots of veggies and salad possibilities. I did this before and hopefully I can do it again. The operative word is "hopefully".
Knee push ups!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
D0F4F728-75C8-454D-9B5D-5C1B41CF5D73.JPG
This trip hasn't been good to me..or should I say, I haven't been good to myself. I am now (slightly) closer to where I was as compared to where I Iwant to be. It is time to get serious again and get back on the wagon. The best part is, is that I did it before, I can do it again. I can will do this.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This trip hasn't been good to me..or should I say, I haven't been good to myself. I am now (slightly) closer to where I was as compared to where I Iwant to be. It is time to get serious again and get back on the wagon. The best part is, is that I did it before, I can do it again. I can will do this.
Get in line!:ogbiggrin: Camping, friends in town, too much smoke to ride...no bueno!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We haven’t ridden bike for 10 days, and our hikes have been moderate at best, more like sight seeing strolls. Time to amp it up.
I'm up a couple from when I left 9 days ago but not as bad as I thought I might be after more than a week of full travel/camping mode.

Last edited:

AEV

Booting up
Skier
It is time. I need to diet a little bit to lose 10lbs of fat, realign my hips/spine a bit, and build up my legs and core.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not Weight Watchers but I’m focused again. Down 14.6lbs since June 14. I have a long way to go but hoping to be at my goal weight in time for my law school graduation next May.

I'm now at 18.4lbs lost so roughly 2.6lbs per week. The most gratifying part of this is that I've done it with only relatively little exercise due to time constraints and I've been able to do it while still enjoying nights out with friends/family/classmates/professor, and traveling for business. When I lost significant weight 5 years ago I was century ride training and really was able to eat pretty much anything I wanted and still lose because of the amount of calories I was burning. There were days when I was significantly below and just couldn't eat anything more. The problem was that I never taught myself to manage it on a normal, reasonable amount of exercise. This time I'm being very concious of not relying too heavily on the exercise portion so when I am super busy (2 more semesters of school and bar exam to go) I don't go off the deep end again.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you explain what you mean. I haven’t heard of this before. I get plenty of sleep and drink 64oz of water a day during summer so I’m well hydrated.

Actually 64ozs isn't well hydrated unless you are under 130lbs (which you might be, I don't know.) Generally I've heard anywhere from 50-67% of your weight in ounces. I struggle with this, especially working from home as I don't have the water cooler available. https://www.restoreorthobiologic.com/blog/how-calculate-how-much-water-you-should-drink-day/

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Trying my best to eat well, drink lots of water for another couple weeks until I can play disc golf/hike again. Carbs are my nemesis so I count those rather than calories. Next week starts smoothies for lunch, ordered some recommended protein powder for it to be a meal smoothie. I now have a flip top for my yeti water bottle and the ease of drinking has now enabled me to double my water consumption so doing pretty good I think. Can't step on a scale for another 2 weeks when I can be weight bearing again. Nothing like not being able to exercise to catapult you into eating well so that you can stay on top of the game.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Can you explain what you mean. I haven’t heard of this before. I get plenty of sleep and drink 64oz of water a day during summer so I’m well hydrated.

I mean that inflammation is harder to get rid of if sleep is short and I mean that dehydration can manifest as hunger when one is short on sleep.

Both syndromes present as mystery plateau drift upwards.

Last edited: