• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome SkiSkootys as a SkiTalk Sponsor

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 9.11.26 AM.png
skiskootys_large.jpg
We all know the importance of protecting our ski boot soles, so we have a safe interface between the boot and the binding. Just as important is walking from our new parking lot-based backseat base lodge to the lift, and nothing can protect you on that possibly treacherous journey like SkiSkootys. The safety aspect of protecting our boots has been discussed in length in such threads as this one.

SkiSkootys® patent pending comfort soles are curved to allow a more natural heel-toe motion while walking in ski boots. SkiSkootys® smart design features lead the industry in ski boot protection, durability, and convenience. Readily folds in half to stow in pockets when not in use. Fully adjustable, one size fits all design. SkiSkootys® are Made in the USA.

SkiSkootys is the leader in walking devices with its patent-pending design; combined with MasterFit's endorsement, we look forward to working with SkiSkootys for the foreseeable future.

SHOP NOW
www.skiskootys.com

Last edited by a moderator:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a good year for boot sole protector.
They look pretty good. Much thinner than the Yaktrak I am using now. The Yaktrax are OK on snow but wobbly on hard pavement.
Will probably give these a try.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got the pink ones. My black ones broke after many years of use. They’ve been making my icy/gritty/muddy parking lot treks a whole lot more palatable.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a good year for boot sole protector.
They look pretty good. Much thinner than the Yaktrak I am using now. The Yaktrax are OK on snow but wobbly on hard pavement.
Will probably give these a try.

Definitely worth trying KG. I have been using them for a few years and they work pretty well. (Worn out my first pair) . Easier to walk in with the rocker and dont fall off your boot like the other brand out there

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
I've been using their Claws version for years now. I prefer them over any of the other brands & designs.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Site doesn't say anything about shipping out of the country? @Philpug or @Tricia any word on that?
Sorry, I got the answer and thought I'd posted it but evidently didn't hit the Post Reply button

Here is the answer from @SkiSkootys
Hi Tricia, SkiSkootys provides free international shipping for all order $75 or more. Domestic shipping is free for orders more than $50.

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
For those of you who own SkiSkootys, how do they do when going up steel open-mesh steps that are common in many outdoor areas at ski hills?

I've used Yaktrax SkiTrax for many years & haven't had any problems but for occasionally losing one. I'm interested in trying the claw version of SkiSkootys, but only if they do at least as well as SkiTrax for secure footing on metal stair treads.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I just bought a pair without cleats from Fuxi. I had some in the past. I like them so far. My first pair did have a wear issue. I walk a lot on asphalt. I'll let you know how these hold up.

My first pair had the cleats which I am reminded of every time I walk up my office stairs. ;-) Be sure to put them up when you walk on wood. They did do a decent job on ice which is why I got them. Unfortunately I did more harm (on my steps) than good (keeping me upright) so opted for the sans-cleats version this time.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
YakTrax are good, much better than the old school Cat Trax but the SkiTrax are hard to find on a consistent basis. It's good to have another, more reliable option. Definitely heard equally good things about the scootys from folks here who have started using them :cool:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Did you get a Fuxi Loopster?
I presume you mean the hooked handles? Yes. I use them with my WTR soled Atomic Hawx XTDs. A little tough getting the toe lugs in, but they work fine once on.

Sponsor

Staff online