• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Were my bindings mounted correctly?

hokies

Booting up
Skier
So I purchased Dynastar M-Pro 90s in 170cm and the shop mounted the bindings about 5 inches further back from the center of the Ski as measured end to end (~69.5"). Though the center of the boot would be is at a line printed on the Skis by Dynastar. I know the m-pro 90s have a long flexible Shovel (7-9" inches) , and the backs are stiff, so I am thinking a.) Dynastar has intended a mounting point fairly far back. b.) that line is intended to be their recommendation for center of boot. ( these aren't my skis but see the line where it says 178 cm in the attached stock photo)

I know the rule of thumb is you center the binding, but to confirm did they mount it correctly?
1669825057271.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Castle Dave

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yes they mounted it correctly. Your a) nd b) assumptions are correct.

TS
H

hokies

Booting up
Skier
Correct, center of boot is exactly on top of the top sheet line. Thanks!

TS
H

hokies

Booting up
Skier
They are 2021s closeouts from Ski Essentials that I got for $450 including attack 14 bindings. I think I saved about half from buying 22s locally but the catch is they are so busy you can't call them lol.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thi printed mark is always the reference.

I always thought the line was set so the ball of your foot was on the apex of the camber. Press down for equal pressure. Could be a myth.

Sponsor

Staff online