• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Western Washington Gathering Anyone?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m not sure this Gathering should be conditional on the likelihood of great conditions. A “good for you snow” Gathering can be fun, too.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
plan for a "variable" condition day that covers most of the season in the PNW.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Interest? Sure. Any Sunday will work for me, I also usually have Wednesdays free, that said with a couple weeks planning I can make most days work. And this could be a couple of days vs one day.

Where? I have both Epic and Ikon so I’m good with Crystal, Stevens, Snoqualmie/Alpental or Whistler. I couple be convinced to go to Baker.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Baker or Stevens for me, though I may have more time since everything is getting cancelled. Wednesdays are good.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
it would have to be north of the border now for me.

with the increasing rate of American infection BC's chief medical officer today announced anyone going to the US will be required to self isolate for 2 weeks upon returning.

no plan yet to restrict US entry which sort of defeats the point.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wednesday is good for me also. I vote for Stevens as it would be easier to ski there with a group.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
If they are still open is a good point.
Vail corporate decisions elsewhere may effect both Stevens and Whistler. Hopefully not.

Currently medical officials north of border seem to have things well in control but have recommended against all travel outside Canada and self isolation for 14 days upon return to help slow the spread and impact on our medical system.

Canadians generally will follow scientific and government advise. So skiing south of the border is out for me. Won't even even be checking the boat or cabin in Point Roberts. I know that seems silly with the actual odds of spreading the virus but we've decided to do our small bit.

Expecting further restrictions to be announced today from our now self isolated Prime Minister.

However if your currently looking for a good deal, expect there will be a lot of rooms available and today I see 40% off on the site. Skiing is great and the already light crowds are becoming lighter.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So did Stevens and Crystal. AARRRRGGGG

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
The northshore is also open. As per our chief medical officer " good time to go skiing"

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
How about Mission Ridge? You could probably catch a few of the Eastsiders on that one.

Sponsor

Staff online