• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Wet Noodle slapdown: Rossi Soul 7 vs Stockli SR 95 comparison

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Joah you didn't like the Sr95?
What length Soul7 did you like and Tst did you Purchase?

I like the Sr95, but not for eastern tree skiing. Its just not enough tip float for me, other will probably like it.

Skied both the 180 and 188 Soul 7 and size skied differently enough in perfect world you might want both for different things. If push came to shove Id go 180 as for me its part of quiver and I have longer and fatter powder skis already. I ended up buying the 183cm TST. In powder it ski longer than the 180 a little short than the 188, and on packed snow it ski just about the same length as the 188.

TS
Couchmaster

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
maybe you aren't really proficient enough to ski the Stockli as it should be driven?

Haha, I'm with you there! I've kind of figured it out but it took a while and a bunch more turns and trading boards back and forth. These skiis initiate turns differently. The rossis initiate easier. You can almost start a turn by pressing down on your big toe with a little knee flex to back it up, so easy. So when I go from Rossis to the Stocklis, I get all screwed up. If I just grab the Stocklis and start with them, it's all good.

Crazy stuff. There's a notable difference between these 2 skis, I like them both though. The Stocklis carve like nobodys business. I wouldn't even say they are more difficult to start a turn on than the Rossis although it is a slower process, it just takes a different start to initiate a turn. You old hands may not even notice the difference - but I sure do. In the past, I have owned a single pair of skis and they'd last a few seasons or so. Never had a "quiver", unless you count the last ski I didn't sell before I bought the new ones. So I'm not use to swapping back and forth, and that may be an issue for me as well. I'm getting the hang of it.

So at this point, I figure I may not be proficient enough to ski either one as it should be driven, but I'm having fun, and only screwed up my shoulders once in a fall....so far. We have so much snow this year!!!!! Woot! I'll keep working on it.

BTW, I'm not sure I could keep just one now if I had to ditch a pair/keep a pair. I'd probably keep the Stocklis....well, that's what I'm saying today anyway. Tomorrow, best ask again cause it might change:)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Hmmm...SR95 or FX94, or Enforcer 93. So many skis, so little space!

Sponsor

Staff online