• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What’s in your pack?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I carry pretty much the same stuff as everyone else here (except for the tape measure) and it can fit into a saddle bag and pockets. Only reason I do carry a backpack (which I don't mind at all) when I go MTB riding is I cannot carry enough water on the bike-just one bottle cage. That and a spare jacket sometimes.
I am thinking about one of them EVOC hip pacs:

Looks pretty cool.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I love the feel of a fanny pack,

Given a recognition that this clause should never, ever be used out of context,

, but it is ruled out by wanting to be able to use my jersey pockets.

Looking at the almost-pocketless designs of some transition weather gear *cough*Ornot*cough*, and the possibility of using running gear (yes, I know, different cut), I'm wondering if mfgs are tempted to do away with jersey pocketses entirely.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
For me MTBing is not about aerodynamics so I did away with jersey pockets years ago when I began wearing baggy MTB shorts. The more pockets the better!
These bright shorts have 6 pockets in front, 4 with zippers…
DC0A21E5-EA43-4629-A8C5-1E7B2F1A300F.jpeg

I may see a waist pack in my future, hmmm.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Given a recognition that this clause should never, ever be used out of context,

Looking at the almost-pocketless designs of some transition weather gear *cough*Ornot*cough*, and the possibility of using running gear (yes, I know, different cut), I'm wondering if mfgs are tempted to do away with jersey pocketses entirely.

I hope not. I try other approaches every few years, and go back to 3-pocket jerseys. Shoot, I've got 3 indestructible Koch XC ski tops that my wife sewed 2 jersey-style pockets onto. Great for xc skiing and fall/winter bike use. Astounding fabric.

Baggies......I wear them about 4 or 5 times a year, and just don't get it. I care not a whit about fashion, and I just can't stand putting another layer over "that" region. :ogbiggrin:

Finally, for 2023 I have heard there will be a grassroots movement of friends don't let friends wear plaid on mtbs!