• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What Binding for the Fischer RC one 86 GT

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Bought the ski flat. Can anyone recommend a binding? Thanks.

If you like a particular binding that you have on another pair of skis, then stick with that binding or a similar model from the same company. If you don't do that, you're most likely going to end up with a binding that has a different delta (toe and heel heights will be different) which will change your fore/aft stance alignment (balance).

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fischer labeled bindings are Head/Tyrolia. If you stick with Fischer you might find some with the plastic of the matching color. This will improve your balance, endurance, and you'll get better edge grip.

Seriously, Noodler has a great idea. Even better...binding inserts in both pair of skis lets you move the bindings from one to the other. Binding Freedom is one brand.

bob.knox

Booting up
Skier
I'm looking at Marker piston plates off flea-bay for $50 and new Marker XComp 12's since my DIN is only a 7.

James

Out There
Instructor
I'm looking at Marker piston plates off flea-bay for $50 and new Marker XComp 12's since my DIN is only a 7.
You really should go with the 16, it goes down to 6. The 12 is really meant for U12 and U14 racers.
The question is does the Marker plate on ebay line up with the xcomp holes.

TS
goweje

goweje

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks, you guys reminded me why I stopped being active on this site over a decade ago. :doh:

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I went with Tyrolia Attack2 16 GW (2021) on big sale with 85mm brakes. Not sure you can still get that combo - they were heavily marked down to get ready for the "new hotness." They were recommended by @GregK. I like the way the setup skis.

Sponsor

Staff online