• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What did you do to your _______ today?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Just put Kumho HA31 All-weather tires on our second car...I'll let ya know how these ones work!!

333_WebPhotoAdditional1.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Like the new tires, huh?
They did quite well. No drama, no unexpected twitches, no howling. I'm sure I wasn't anywhere near the limits but for an all season touring type tire on a sedan, not bad at all.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Put new shoes,tie rod ends,ball joints on my Ranger utv. Waiting for a new A arm,my kid bent all up showing off to her boyfriend. Never thought you could roll one of them things! Just happy they didn't get hurt bad

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Put new shoes,tie rod ends,ball joints on my Ranger utv. Waiting for a new A arm,my kid bent all up showing off to her boyfriend. Never thought you could roll one of them things! Just happy they didn't get hurt bad
Glad they're ok.
Go to YouTube. So many videos of side by sides rolling. Helmets are still a good idea, even with the cage.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Just put Kumho HA31 All-weather tires on our second car...I'll let ya know how these ones work!!

333_WebPhotoAdditional1.png

So what kind of double speak is 'all weather'? Are they trying to make a new All-Season but without the stigma yet?
Is it snowflake rated? Or is it in the All season Performance segment?
Outside the snow belt this might make sense I guess but there I'd just be on a high performance summer tire unless the temps get into the 30's. When folks are talking about 30, 40 and $50k+ cars, having two sets of wheels is not exactly a huge cost.
I guess I just try to minimize compromise.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Because winter is coming it is time to replace the wiper blades. I was in Costco on Tuesday and picked up a new set and installed them today.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Put Slime in a tire to fix a tiny sidewall cut.
Did NOT work. ( figured tire was trash anyway)

Sidewall or edge of tread cuts are no-no's for even proper repairs. FWIW, a plug patch is a 'TEMPORARY' fix and not a tire repair. For an actual repair the tire must be removed from the rim and a patch vulcanized to the inside of the tire. This applies only to tread punctures below a certain size. I always watch with amazement the risks people will take because they are too @*! to make a proper repair or if needed buy a replacement tire. There's a lot riding on you tires...

Uncle-A

Skier
Sidewall or edge of tread cuts are no-no's for even proper repairs. FWIW, a plug patch is a 'TEMPORARY' fix and not a tire repair. For an actual repair the tire must be removed from the rim and a patch vulcanized to the inside of the tire. This applies only to tread punctures below a certain size. I always watch with amazement the risks people will take because they are too @*! to make a proper repair or if needed buy a replacement tire. There's a lot riding on you tires...
It is hard to find places that still remove the tire and vulcanize patch. Most places just want to sell you a new tire.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cleaned off all of the rubber marks on the paint after a DE event

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A buddy of mine from high school picked up a brand new Audi S3 last month. He's already cranked about 8 grand in mods in to it from engine, exhaust, suspension, rims, tires, etc.... So here's the thing that baffles me .. He LEASED IT!!! He knows he'll have to remove all the mods at the end of the lease. Anyone here ever hear of such nonsense???

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Picked up new rear tires for my Kubota tractor. Blew a big hole in one brush hogging last week, could not be fixed. Must of been quite a site watching me haul butt home,water squirtting all over.

Uncle-A

Skier
Had a new water pump and serpentine belt installed in my GMC today. The water pump blew apart Sunday afternoon and shredded the belt. I pulled into a local service station and let them do the job. It was the first time I used this repair shop and it didn't turn out terrible. I only have about 147 K miles on the GMC and it is the first time for the water pump.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cleaned and lubed the chain on my Bonneville, then rode it.

I haven’t been driving my other vehicles much lately.

Sponsor

Staff online