• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What do I replace my Marmot Minimalist jacket with?

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
After about 5 very hard years, it is time to retire my Marmot minimalist jacket. I love it because I could wear it hiking or mountain biking, but I could also put it on and go to work and it wouldn't look weird.

Does anyone have a favourite no-nonsense hardshell, preferably that comes in all black and is burlier than the Minimalist? And preferably more of a slim fit rather than a baggy freeride fit .

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
After about 5 very hard years, it is time to retire my Marmot minimalist jacket. I love it because I could wear it hiking or mountain biking, but I could also put it on and go to work and it wouldn't look weird.

Does anyone have a favourite no-nonsense hardshell, preferably that comes in all black and is burlier than the Minimalist? And preferably more of a slim fit rather than a baggy freeride fit .
I replaced mine with a $25 Paradox shell from Costco(I actually bought 2 so I can use one for work). So far it has held up better than the Marmot and is at least as waterproof and breathable.

Sponsor

Staff online