• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What do some Patrollers do during the off season?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
So it's literally 2x 3d printed piece of plastic that holds a beer can steady on the ground. No risk of being sued for the idiocy of their customers or if it becomes a thing then people just doing it without them. Fun but I'm out.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Pretty sure that's just a smaller version of Lawn Darts which are illegal in most states.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
This proves that people will buy all kinds of garbage but good for them making some dinero.

TassoCPR1

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I work as a CPR instructor in the greater Los Angles area. We are hiring if you are interested. Great Gig work

Posaune

sliding
Skier
My brother was a pro for a number of years and he created a summer contracting business which led him to eventually dump patrolling since he made good money as a contractor. Strangely enough, he quit skiing when he did that. He was the best skier I've ever personally known.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
One guy I know is a fishing guide in Alaska in summer. (Some of the instructors do that as well.) He also is involved with publishing a local literary magazine. He used to be a city counselor as well. Ski town people seem to have around 4 jobs.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Trail crew at the ski area, construction, wildfire, commercial fishing, landscaping, rent-a-medic (mtb events, conventions, concerts, etc.), beach bum…

Some summer gigs I had were as a movie extra (’background artist’). A couple patrollers I worked with did movie set medic. There’s a lot of movie production here in NM.

Sponsor

Staff online