• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And can I cut the trigger thingy off easily?
You won't want or need to cut the loop off of it, because it really doesn't get in the way,

the loop isn't just in that spot, but goes through the glove/mitten, so taking the loop out will pretty much destroy the glove/mitten.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I don't really have a cold finger problem but i do like to be comfortable on a cold day so I figured I'd try these out. Will try them out tomorrow. Scanning lift tickets at Bromley in the am so if anything they'll be fabulous for standing around.

FB_IMG_1676693617223.jpg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Typically… more warmth on my torso. Also moisturize your hands. It forms a vapor barrier and buys you 10 degrees.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Typically… more warmth on my torso. Also moisturize your hands. It forms a vapor barrier and buys you 10 degrees.
True. Lotion all over helps with heat retention.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
True. Lotion all over helps with heat retention.

Oh boy, trying to just walk away from this one.......:geek:

Into the weeds of this thread, but face protection: anybody got something they think works better than good old Dermatone?

Gina D

Getting off the lift
Skier
Seirus HeatTouch™ Hellfire™ Mitt are fantastic, plus the batteries last for hours. 3,000 milliamps.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Into the weeds of this thread, but face protection: anybody got something they think works better than good old Dermatone?
I like Ski Balm. It has a (very) slightly waxy texture that protects against wind and cold. Much more protective than lotions. Lasts all day for me.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like Ski Balm. It has a (very) slightly waxy texture that protects against wind and cold. Much more protective than lotions. Lasts all day for me.

Thanks. Ordered.

Works for you, and I'm a sucker for a "little guy" story.

So I cut out Amazon, and ordered direct.

Worth noting that I've had great luck with Aloe Gator Sunscreen (nearly as thick as axle grease), but it turns out to be a bit tough on goggle foam.

James

Out There
Instructor
PSA for women,
REI has the Alti II mitt on sale for $99.
Don’t know about the Alti II version, but the Alti has been amongst the warmest mitts available. It is bulky.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Apologies if already mentioned up-thread: when I start to feel my mild Reynaud's kick in, windmilling my arms, one at a time to really crank the centripetal force, to drive warm blood out to my fingers. I'm always shocked at how well this works ..... up to a point.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Seirus HeatTouch™ Hellfire™ Mitt are fantastic, plus the batteries last for hours. 3,000 milliamps.
They really are great. When many days in the -5 to +5°F range overwhelmed my heaviest Free the Powder mittens augmented by hand warmers I broke down and got a pair. Pricey but worth it to someone who skis every day of the season!

Gina D

Getting off the lift
Skier
They really are great. When many days in the -5 to +5°F range overwhelmed my heaviest Free the Powder mittens augmented by hand warmers I broke down and got a pair. Pricey but worth it to someone who skis every day of the season!

The Outdoor Research gloves became intermittent quickly.
The Lenz Gloves weren't warm at all.
These gloves have worked over a lot of days consistently and are sufficiently warm. Worth it to me.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
This stuff used to be great, maybe I got a bad batch but the most recent purchase was hard as a rock. It used to be slightly more viscous than the Dermatone, and was fantastic. I will try it again, if I see it in the store to do a viscosity check :)

I just use the Dermatone (the clear'ish one) now. Or i use the Piz Buin Glacier Cream - but that is more to keep the basal cell carcinoma at bay now.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This stuff used to be great, maybe I got a bad batch but the most recent purchase was hard as a rock.

Same. Hard as a rock. Luckily, I got the economy 5-pack.

And they do not return phone calls or emails.

So much for helping out the little guy, and going direct.

Sponsor

Staff online