• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What kind of lift is this?

Groomer61

Booting up
Skier
This caught my eye watching the Men's GS at Soelden yesterday. After finishing 10th after the 1st run Ted Ligety had a pre-release coming onto the steeps ruining a chance at a great finish but he wasn't the only one to have that misfortune. Strange one piece design with cutout in the center. It must be interesting to walk on also
gettyimages-1229146849-2048x2048.jpg

Speeder

Booting up
Skier
Same question....the lifter appears to be one piece.
To add stiffness?
To make it more torsionally ridged?
Here is another photo...
Ligety Boot.jpg

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@James I'm not much of help with this sort of stuff :) Boots that I'm skiing are still used without lifters by pretty much everyone who ski them on WC, and for Head I never really had much of info, but from what I saw, most if not all guys on Head were still on standard neon green Head lifters, so I assume this is some Ligety thing not "standard Head" stuff.

Speeder

Booting up
Skier
@James I'm not much of help with this sort of stuff :) Boots that I'm skiing are still used without lifters by pretty much everyone who ski them on WC, and for Head I never really had much of info, but from what I saw, most if not all guys on Head were still on standard neon green Head lifters, so I assume this is some Ligety thing not "standard Head" stuff.
I noticed the same thing. Nothing unusual on anyone else that I could see. If he hadn't crashed I'd not have noticed this either. I bet you are correct though.

Sponsor

Staff online