• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What mask for aerosolized wax prep

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
What’s a cheap, small profile mask for using swix ch7 and ch8 for basement use?

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
aerosolized wax prep
What is that?

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why does one need a mask for CH waxes?
Are we talking dust from rotobrushing?
That’s all I wanted to know. I didn’t think it was a big deal but I thought I’d ask.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Sprayed indoors, that calls for a a paint-grade respirator with an organic vapor cartridge. My go-to for that is the 3M 6000 https://www.amazon.com/3m-6000-series-respirator/s?k=3m+6000+series+respirator . The nice thing about those is that you can use them with a dust cartridge for rotobrushing, and the filter mount is a de facto standard.

Sprayed outdoors (read: downtrail at the nordic area) I've just been using my regular Covid mask; your perception of risk may vary.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Suggestion from an old paint and body guy: I always use a charcoal respirator any time I use stuff like that. It's the cheapest fifty bucks you'll ever spend, and your internal organs will thank you.

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sprayed indoors, that calls for a a paint-grade respirator with an organic vapor cartridge. My go-to for that is the 3M 6000 https://www.amazon.com/3m-6000-series-respirator/s?k=3m+6000+series+respirator . The nice thing about those is that you can use them with a dust cartridge for rotobrushing, and the filter mount is a de facto standard.

Sprayed outdoors (read: downtrail at the nordic area) I've just been using my regular Covid mask; your perception of risk may vary.
Cool thanks - I am starting to rely on the spray wax for my family quiver, just bought.

James

Out There
Instructor
Be aware that the face respirators come in sizes. I second the 3M 6000 series. Simple, easy to use and readily available. I still have one from 9/11 at the WTC.

Sponsor

Staff online