• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vol. 1 - What other sports/activities do you participate in when you're not skiing?

What do you do in the off season?

• Biking (mountain, gravel, road, etc)

Votes: 47 67.1%
  • Golf

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Hiking

Votes: 48 68.6%
  • Water sports (skiing, kyaking, river rafting, paddleboarding, surfing, sailing)

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Team Sports (baseball/softball, soccer/football, basketball, etc)

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Car stuff (racing, refurb, track time, etc)

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Motorcycle stuff (dirt bike, road bike, etc)

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Fishing

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Court sports (volleyball, pickleball, tennis)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Gardening

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'd love to still be doing team sports always enjoyed them but at my age not many team's out looking for a used to be.
Favorite sport was University football but that's not happening at 70. Even track times went down fast by mid thirties.
Occasionally consider putting the skates back on, until my wife reminds me of the concussions which pretty much ended that by 35.
We are lucky skiing is easy.

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
Up until a dozen years ago I'd do weekly rides (typically 10-12 miles) on one of my unicycles. Nowadays I just do a short ride on my birthdays (77 coming up in October).
aarp (2020_06_09 09_43_06 UTC).jpg

Several years ago, my wife and I were doing a century ride (on bikes) at Tiverton, Rhode Island with several other members of our ski club. On that year, my wife opted to do 50 so she was in long before me. She had a pretty good idea of when I'd be rounding the corner to the finish and positioned herself a quarter mile away out of sight with my unicycle. when I saw her, I stopped and switched from my bike to the uni and finished the ride. When I came around the corner with arms raised in celebration a friend played the theme from Rocky on his boom box. All converstation came to a halt. :cool:

tiverton2001-003 (2020_06_09 09_43_06 UTC).jpg

Sponsor

Staff online