• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What setups are these folks using!? Warren Miller/Teton Gravity Films

amlemus

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm in the process of getting amped up for the upcoming season with a healthy dose of Warren Miller and Teton films and these guys are simply amazing with how they both climb and get down some crazy terrain. Obviously, they've got to have some pretty versatile gear to get it all done, but I'm curious as to if their setups are more downhill-based or more backcountry oriented or mixed? I'm sure its based on the particular terrain, but they've got to have their gear super dialled in.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
eh, I think every top brand has competitively good gear so the athletes will take whatever the sponsors give to them for free, and as a starving athlete they are more loyal to the $ then any specific brand or setup. As a sponsored athlete, they likely have access to the brand engineers to customize and dial it in for them, but you can do that with any brand.
You can see the partners on the film pages. and the athletes often will rep their setup (as they are contractually obligated to do) if you truly want to see what they are using.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
You can walk in to most shops and buy exactly what 90% of these athletes are using. Or something from another brand that does the same thing.
That other 10% are the prototypes, pre-production and "franken-x" (Codys boots) that most will never encounter.

Sponsor

Staff online