• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What the hell happened to Sierra Trading Post

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, I was there the other day and I didn't find it good. I think as a few others said, with Covid supply chain issues there just aren't many overstocks and some brands may be opening there own outlet stores.
The interesting thing is, when we find our store to be lacking, and happen to be in your neck of the woods, your store is busting at the seams. And vice versa. Hmmmmm

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The interesting thing is, when we find our store to be lacking, and happen to be in your neck of the woods, your store is busting at the seams. And vice versa. Hmmmmm

And, don't forget, some of the more generic sport stock, like shoes and jackets, can get redirected to the Marshalls/TJX locations.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be in Reno the very end of the month. I’m going to visit the STP store there again, with this thread in mind, to survey the goods.

Is their online store just a conglomeration of brick and mortar store inventory, or is it a separate warehouse?

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
They are opening a Sierra later this year in Silverthorne/Dillon---renovating the former Office Max building.

Suspect they will do good business at this location, within a couple hundred yards of both REI and Wilderness Sports.

Many years ago I would stop on treks to Jackson Hole or Yellowstone for fantastic deals on outdoor gear at their original Cheyenne location on Campstool Rd. Still using a Pieps beacon, a Zeiss spotting scope, a North Face tent I got at ~70% off. Days for those deals are long gone...

James

Out There
Instructor
Still using a Pieps beacon, a Zeiss spotting scope, a North Face tent I got at ~70% off. Days for those deals are long gone...
Yeah it’s likely to be the same garbage available anywhere else. Stand by for tv ads.
Sad.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think most here forget that there are lots more "normal folks" out there that want "sporty" stuff than the wackos here that wants the real deal sport stuff. That translates to lot more money from the masses.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think most here forget that there are lots more "normal folks" out there that want "sporty" stuff than the wackos here that wants the real deal sport stuff. That translates to lot more money from the masses.
That makes sense, but there are so many “normal folks stores” out there already, which is what makes STP’s descent into mediocrity all the more frustrating.