• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What would you do here...collision at park City

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Few years ago a huge bull moose was ambling from Empire Ave towards PCMR. The parking attendant (they existed then) wondered where he was going. I said that he’d just had his skis tuned at Renstall and was going to pick them up. The attendant seemed convinced! A573708F-47C4-42A5-85DB-917D370FA6B0.jpeg

Bienski

Putting on skis
Skier
If someone doesn’t have the wherewithal to avoid a collision with a moose what chance do we humans have? It has nothing to do with right of way or that you should not have to be constantly checking on what is going on around you. It sucks, but you must be constantly aware to avoid collisions. My motto is that I don’t want my headstone to read “He had the right of way.” Be safe out there!

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
More people are killed by Moose every year than Bears!

Yeah I see a moose I’m either stopping completely or moving away at warp speed. Those things are too aggressive, too big, and can cause way more damage than most people realize. The damage a big one will cause to a car is eye opening.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
View attachment 156089
Moose 1.jpeg

This cow calf pair were doing some early morning out of season fruit tree pruning the other morning. Yelled out the door and they moved off- didn't want to let the dogs out (of course the dogs didn't approve of that) Moose are crazy unpredictable sometimes they could care if you are fifty feet away. Other times I have had them cross a river and chase us off our fishing spot.