• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What year were these k2s made

Ogsurf

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Gotcha, thank you for your input.
I worked in the main offices of Herman’s in NJ. Unlike a lot of the house skis from Rossignol, Head and Hart, the K2 skis were well made and finished. I think we had Killy skis for two years, a 76 and 77. Three models. The Killy Heat was similar to a Three (traditional ) and the other two geared to freestyle skier(shorter). Killy was a very nice man whose only contribution was cosmetic suggestions.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
This was around the time when PSIA introduced the “Stepping Stones” concept & this ski system fit right in. The 110‘s had a 9 meter radius & you could carve a full circle pretty easily on the right slope. Along with using them successfully with both direct parallel carving & an accelerated wedge path, I also used them as a tool to teach & refine modern carving/arcing turns to advanced skiers & instructors.
I would still use them if they were still around.

They *were* around until just recently - most recently under the name "Elan Freeline". Atomic had the ETL line. Head had the Big Easy.

But if you guys feel like stepping UP a few notches - these still are the quality king of short carvers:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
They *were* around until just recently - most recently under the name "Elan Freeline". Atomic had the ETL line. Head had the Big Easy.

But if you guys feel like stepping UP a few notches - these still are the quality king of short carvers:

That's a lot of Swiss francs per centimeter!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That's a lot of Swiss francs per centimeter!

*shrug* there are less-raclette options . You might talk to the Blossom guy about Lusti RFCs

Sporten used to have an equivalent; I don't see it now.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I have an instructor friend who is an RTC rep. It's been awhile but 10+ yrs ago I skied on them quite a bit & was close to buying my own but nothing really beats a true WC slalom ski for short radius carving.
E3E0434D-F832-4E3C-80D2-02C7F953E109.jpeg