• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Whatcha Doing to the Bike This Year...

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Gonna ride it more. I hope. I rode it to the auto parts store for one new fuel line for my chipper/shredder. It's a start.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was hoping to upgrade but the supply chain is still not too favorable.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I’ve been trying to find a brake lever since September :bikewheelie:
Shimano M8000 Left

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'm also taking my XC hardtail, putting wider bars back on, bar-ends inside the brake levers (road bike hb width) and installing 700x35/38 gravel tires to make a pseudo-gravel. There is no green in the bank to buy a new gravel bike. We'll see how this goes. Bike is 26lbs with mtb tires..not so bad for a graveller.. Dunno how much weight the beard and tattoos will add....

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
Imported a set of Mavic A1022 rims last year.
Been shopping the same spokes for a YEAR now. No luck. Guess the OEM's have priority.
Bought a set of pre-built wheels today...

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Full suspension service to include seals and oil.
New cassette, chain, derailleur cable and rear rotor. I replaced chain ring and front rotor last fall.
Refresh Orange Seal sealant in tires.
Go ride!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Dodging aggro Zwifters on DST who forgot to look both ways when jumping out into traffic.

Had close calls with just such people jumping into my lane or passing strollers on blind corners so took an alternate, "safer" way home.

Yeh, not so much. Now I need a new front wheel, seatpost and maybe saddle. Gods I hate DST cycle mobs.

IMG_20220318_190351.jpg

Last edited:

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I’ve been trying to find a brake lever since September :bikewheelie:
Shimano M8000 Left

-Might be worth a call....

Meanwhile if anyone is holding a Shimano XTR M9100 shifter cover for I-spec Id be interested!! Shimano part#Y0FA98050

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Dodging aggro Zwifters on DST who forgot to look both ways when jumping out into traffic.

Had close calls with just such people jumping into my lane or passing strollers on blind corners so took an alternate, "safer" way home.

Yeh, not so much. Now I need a new front wheel, seatpost and maybe saddle. Gods I hate DST cycle mobs.

View attachment 163577
I didn't see the pic before. That likely won't buff right out...

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

-Might be worth a call....

Meanwhile if anyone is holding a Shimano XTR M9100 shifter cover for I-spec Id be interested!! Shimano part#Y0FA98050
Thanks, I will check it out

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm thinking of getting these.....unless there is a reason I shouldn't..... I really am not a not a true "mountain biker" only in it for the grind on the way up on my hardtail .... having ball of foot issues that seem to increase after longer ups, thinking this may help?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was hoping to upgrade but the supply chain is still not too favorable.

I'm seeing some brands improving in this area. Bought e-bikes for BIL and SIL right off the floor last week.

I was flabbergasted. Did not expect that kind of luck.

Beards are for recumbents.

Also required: Dorky looking mirror to clip on to your glasses. Effective, I'm sure, but you gotta draw the aesthetic line somewhere! ;)

As far as bike plans for the year, none of mine need anything at the moment (sent a box of suspension crap to Fox over the winter).

I'm hoping to be selling my Fuel EX as there are whisper rumors that the new version may drop as early as May........

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
2 more ski trips planned then time to start riding again to try and keep pace with the rest of the club. I need 2 days a week of riding to keep up. I prefer climbing as much as possible

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
If you want to gravel you need tattoos.

But he's Canadian, the plaid will come naturally :D

Also required: Dorky looking mirror to clip on to your glasses. Effective, I'm sure, but you gotta draw the aesthetic line somewhere! ;)

Also also required- documented aero analysis of crystal-clear 'bent superiority over every upright bike ever invented. Ready for presentation at every beer stop :)

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online