• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's everyone packing for lunch?

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
I usually ski until lunch time and then go home for lunch...then chill for the rest of the day. I have never spent the whole day on the mountain!

Errand Wolfe

Ski like Stein
Skier
I usually eat lunch at home then go ski LOL. There's always a granola bar and a thermos of coffee on my adventures, also clementine's seem especially delicious to me when skiing just be sure not to fall on it if you carry it on mountain.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
My camping stuff... MSR Pocket Rocket 2 to heat up water for coffee or tea and for a freeze dried meal (like say... Mountain House)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Today was the last of the leftover turkey with some ham and Swiss, chips, and Halloween candy. Perfect Parking Lot Lunch for the first ski day of the season.

Last edited:

CraigBro

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hungarian Salami (or any hard salami if I can't get the good stuff)
Hard Cheese
Salted Nuts
Thermos of Coffee

It's always a treat when the wife makes cookies and I find some stuffed into my pack.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I often go with a big breakfast and a couple of Kind or Cliff bars in my pocket. Then something hot at the end of the day. I'll miss the mid-late morning coffee/hot chocolate breaks in the lodge on cold days.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hungarian Salami (or any hard salami if I can't get the good stuff)
I still remember that from my trips to Budapest in the mid 90's. Soooo good.

We have been making sandwiches and tailgating.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Most days we're taking deli meats and sandwich fixings. Pastrami, turkey, roast beef provolone.
One thing we have to remember is to be careful opening the mayo or horseradish after driving to higher altitude. :D

95EADDC6-0674-4AB8-A7AF-5320682B5429.JPG

For @Philpug's birthday we had antelope, lamb and hoison chicken skewers.
@Andy Mink was kind enough to grill.
53F88467-F47F-46C5-8BFA-9C52CAD1D7D1.JPG

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Pretty fired up to have the van for lunching at. One good thing that's come from COVID is forcing me to bring food instead of "trying" to bring food and then "forgetting" and caving and buying resort food.
I foresee lots of PBJs (and all the variations) in my near future.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pretty fired up to have the van for lunching at. One good thing that's come from COVID is forcing me to bring food instead of "trying" to bring food and then "forgetting" and caving and buying resort food.
I foresee lots of PBJs (and all the variations) in my near future.
Funny, that's something Phil and I talked about when we were skiing Mammoth.
We took tunafish and sandwich fixings because we didn't know if they would have food available. While walking out of the Mill for a nature break I saw a guy coming out with brisket and fries.
If we hadn't packed our lunch, we'd have caved and bought the brisket, or some other mouth watering option.
I think this packing lunches thing is going to be good for our overall health.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Most days have been pocket food pieces of hard cheese and beef stick on the chair. Today went different, fresh ground peanut butter and jalapeno jelly on flatbread. It worked very well.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Beer, cheese, nuts and junk served with a side of hand stanizer. We cover all the skiing food groups daily. Trailside dining just like the Alps with my wife and sidekick.

IMG_0287.jpg

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Most days we're taking deli meats and sandwich fixings. Pastrami, turkey, roast beef provolone.
One thing we have to remember is to be careful opening the mayo or horseradish after driving to higher altitude. :D

View attachment 116983

For @Philpug's birthday we had antelope, lamb and hoison chicken skewers.
@Andy Mink was kind enough to grill. View attachment 116986
Funny, that's something Phil and I talked about when we were skiing Mammoth.
We took tunafish and sandwich fixings because we didn't know if they would have food available. While walking out of the Mill for a nature break I saw a guy coming out with brisket and fries.
If we hadn't packed our lunch, we'd have caved and bought the brisket, or some other mouth watering option.
I think this packing lunches thing is going to be good for our overall health.

There's no altitude where I'm heading so the condiments are safe. However, just like school days, if someone's serving Brisket and Fries, Mom's lunch is going in the trash.

Sponsor

Staff online