• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's everyone packing for lunch?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There's no altitude where I'm heading so the condiments are safe. However, just like school days, if someone's serving Brisket and Fries, Mom's lunch is going in the trash.
The Mill's brisket is really really good too. It was hard to pass up but I'm sure my bottom line and my bottom will both thank me later for eating the tuna ;)

That being said, I will probably buy meals at places like Mt Rose as soon as they start to serve food, if for no other reason than to help them survive. I can't imagine that running the place is profitable right now.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
PB and H, apple slices, and beer yesterday. PB and Hs are getting old.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Granola bar, hard boiled egg, tea, and to pull it all together - something salty and greasy.
"We don't need no stinking arteries!"

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
For me it'll likely be thermos of coffee, thermos of some kind of stew or soup, some crusty bread, and perhaps some granola bars or venison sticks. All of this fits in my coaching backpack so I can eat anywhere on the hill without issue. May bring my Crazy Creek chair for more comfortable seating on the snow.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fav ski lunch is soft, crappy bagel, like Lender's, with PB and cream cheese. The original choke sandwich. But it holds together really well and you can just break off chunks and eat it over time. One chunk will last an entire chair ride.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Most of my days are half days anyway so lunch in the lot at the end of the morning or just head home. Like @Tricia said, I'll probably buy some food at Mt. Rose if/when they open the restaurants just to help keep them afloat.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Spice it up with Peanut Butter, Bananas and Mike's Hot Honey.
Oh yum! That looks somewhat similar to the Johnny's Firecracker sauce I picked up at Costco this summer. I never thought to put it on a PB sandwich. I mean, never...but I might try it, even if I have to drizzle it on as I eat it.

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
Nothing. I'm trying to get healthy by losing a person off of me (well, a small person... about 60lbs) and I'm intermittent fasting. Bulletproof coffee in the AM and dinner in the PM. Lots of fat. I don't need to worry about eating out of my truck.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Lunch I'm gonna roll with a bottle of H2O. But breakfast, I go big... Probably Huevos Rancheros...The is fried dove, but any meat works...

IMG_7393.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7395.JPG

IMG_7400.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

rustypouch

Getting on the lift
Skier
Beer next question.

And you can have it on the chair, no need to stop.

But for me, since the daycare is not running this season, that space has been giving to the snow school staff for the season. Still bringing whatever from home.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Nice hot thermos of fresh brewed marijuana tea has been on the menu most days so far. Perfect slope side pick-up.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Thermos of hot chocolate (or something hot) in the car just in case. Protein bar or sometimes a peanut butter & honey sandwich in the pocket. Exactly the same as always...since the 80's.

Sponsor