• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's everyone packing for lunch?

Errand Wolfe

Ski like Stein
Skier
Bojangles chicken tenders with the original Bo sauce, put them in a ziplock bag and eat at your leisure. Cold chicken is mmm mmm good.

My friends and I call that sugar chicken. Sugar chicken always tastes good when you're eating it but makes me feel awful later.

Crudmaster

tinyurl.com/pungjgt
Skier
Cheap, hot and good for hydration: Ramen noodles. At Goodwill I got a large-mouth thermos designed for soup, then removed the shiny inner vacuum bottle so that it's eating temperature 10 minutes after adding the boiling water at the day lodge's tea station.

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Ogg- no way i'd carry glass. just thinking of cans and i'm insane, so i thought immediately of protecting them from a puncture and a hell of a mess. @David- I will be riding chairs as well, so I'm very curious to see how annoying a pack is. I see many leaving them on and hope to be able to do the same. Have the pata 20L and the mystery ranch 16L d route on order for testing.

snow on the way for mammoth and i'll be doing a 2-3 week trip from socal up to spend a week in big sky with skiing both ways, so i guess we'll have plenty of time to figure it all out in the coming month or so.

I ski quite a bit with a backpack, also in chairs. If all I have is the avalance probe and a shovel its usually no problem keeping the pack on. When I carry more I usually free my arms from the shoulder straps (keeping the waist strap on) and spin the pack 180degrees to keep it on my lap.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
PBJ, PBR, Apples, and oatmeal cream pies. Same as always :)

dlinfiniti

Booting up
Skier
the other day i forgot to pack lunch and ended up paying $15 for a handful of really sad looking chicken tenders (they were more like nuggets) at Heavenly
I was too hungry to be upset but I won't be making that mistake again

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Keeping with the theme of "your car is your baselodge," we picked up a couple of these. I do like having some hot soup or chili for lunch on a cold day.

IMG_20210108_062610877.png

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Was lazy packing for yesterday's day trip so through the 4.5 hours of skiing just ate the 4 Werther's Original caramel candies I stuck in my glove zips. Thirsty too, so kept eating bits of unmolested clean snow besides runs.

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
the other day i forgot to pack lunch and ended up paying $15 for a handful of really sad looking chicken tenders (they were more like nuggets) at Heavenly
I was too hungry to be upset but I won't be making that mistake again

I find the Tahoe Epic Resort Chilis to be pretty good (and relatively reasonably priced) options. I tend to ask the server to mix the veggie and beef together, though either are good on their own.

Sponsor

Staff online