• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's happened....carvers vs fatties

BillyGoat

Booting up
Skier
I have two pairs of skis .... one is a 188cm/98mm waist 2013 Rossi Sin 7. My other pair is a set of Kastle FX84 from around 2014. I'm 6'1" about 200lbs and consider myself an advanced intermediate skier - at best. I get out about 10-15 days a season, mostly East Coast, though I finally got to Breck this year.

So, tell me what's happening....

Day 1 and Day 2 the conditions were fairly similar backed granular. Day 2 warmed a bit and things did get soft. So, I wanted to ski the Rossi's Day 1 since it had been a year since I used them and had a vague recollection of them being "fun." On Day 2 I pulled out the Kastle's and after 1 run, I felt so out of control and on the edge of crashing, I put them away. I found as I increased speed, my skis were definitely chattering a lot more. I went back to the Rossi's and had a great rest of day.

OK, so is it as simple as I just haven't progressed well enough to skis the Kastle's effectively? I got them for a steal and thought I could grow into them, but not so sure now.

thanks in advance!

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Could be anything - tune, front/back balance, lateral balance, timing, boot issues. The Sin 7 can hide almost anything.

Check the tune on the FX84 then have someone with a trained eye watch you ski.

This. There are some great ski techs in the I70 corridor. Drop them off for a tune. It sounds like they could be railed? If skis are chattering... that is on you.

Best to you.

Sponsor

Staff online