• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Didn’t have time to read through the entire thread. So what is the best ski? Who won?

markjs

Skiing is believing
Skier
need new skis.jpg

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Clearly Metron B-5s are the best ski.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fun read. Absolutely Metron is the way to go.

Nice entry Phil. Could you possibly some day when you have the time:
Say, take 3 skis, all similar but different and explain what the different dimensions do to affect one's skiing, where they are good and poor, what tendencies they would have. Including turn radius and flexibility and how that affects their skiing etc.

Personally I pretty much know my 4 ski quiver but it would be educational to learn this information and helpful when people ask me, "what ski would be best for me ?"

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
the answer used to be iSupershape and if you disagreed a fight would break out.

:)

Mine are still awesome btw......

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fun read. Absolutely Metron is the way to go.

Nice entry Phil. Could you possibly some day when you have the time:
Say, take 3 skis, all similar but different and explain what the different dimensions do to affect one's skiing, where they are good and poor, what tendencies they would have. Including turn radius and flexibility and how that affects their skiing etc.

Personally I pretty much know my 4 ski quiver but it would be educational to learn this information and helpful when people ask me, "what ski would be best for me ?"
Didn't I pretty much cover that comparing the four 88 mm skis? Or are you looking for something different.

VancitySkier127

Booting up
Skier
I like my Rossis, probably will get Rossingol again when I'm getting a new pair. So do you think that brand is best for turning on all models? Or just the experience specifically?

James

Out There
Instructor
So do you think that brand is best for turning on all models?
Maybe 40 years ago that meant something, but there was little choice within the brand. Things are what they are now. The next change could be totally different. If one had say followed the Volkl Mantra over the last dozen years it changes Every few years becoming completely different.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I like my Rossis, probably will get Rossingol again when I'm getting a new pair. So do you think that brand is best for turning on all models? Or just the experience specifically?

It wouldn't be all too difficult to put together an excellent 3 ski quiver from almost any of the majors, and each seems to have at least one exceptionally good ski.

Last edited:

Gil

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Industry Insider
I have a slightly used 172 Exp 88 with Griffon and a 179 Latigo with Rossi FKS140 if you want to chat.

VancitySkier127

Booting up
Skier
I have a slightly used 172 Exp 88 with Griffon and a 179 Latigo with Rossi FKS140 if you want to chat.

I'm good man, I'm thinking of running on mine for a couple more seasons got some pricey bills coming up. Thanks for the offer though.

David Perkins

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Which ski do you think is better the 2019 Rossignal Experience 88 or K2 Pinnacle 88??? I am having a hard time deciding which one to get... I am 5'11" and 220 lbs and am an intermediate skier that skis in Colorado and Lake Tahoe. Thanks!

James

Out There
Instructor
Which ski do you think is better the 2019 Rossignal Experience 88 or K2 Pinnacle 88??? I am having a hard time deciding which one to get... I am 5'11" and 220 lbs and am an intermediate skier that skis in Colorado and Lake Tahoe. Thanks!
Better for what?

Sponsor

Staff online