• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
AA02D320-4EAB-4C55-8BF1-8CBE8B77EFD9.jpeg
[Incoming: AM88 and deciding between the 2021 and 2018 Bones]. I think I have the best skis for me. I like all of my skis, for different reasons. And yet I can’t help but want to add more to the quiver :-/ (No thanks to PugSki influence) ;) . I know that it becomes a bit ridiculous when you have more skis than you can take on one plane trip (I live in UK and won’t ski Scotland, so I am not driving anywhere to ski in Europe. Do I really need a 4 ski bag? No. 3 ski bag is enough for 4-5 ski-day trip).

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

That's a very nice quiver right there mate.
Well, except for the Atomics where the builders forgot to remove part of the scaffolding after they were done... :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Care to share some views on M5s and the Heros? I am very tempted by an offer from one of the local shops for M5-I can get them for next to nothing and the same goes for Heros.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
That's a very nice quiver right there mate.
Well, except for the Atomics where the builders forgot to remove part of the scaffolding after they were done... :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:
:cool::D

Care to share some views on M5s and the Heros? I am very tempted by an offer from one of the local shops for M5-I can get them for next to nothing and the same goes for Heros.
I don't have many days on either, since I picked up the Heroes as a demo on my very last afternoon in Avoriaz last Spring, after the lifts had just closed, so I had to hike up the mountain to ski down half a run. This season I skied them my first afternoon in Grands Montets-Chamonix, and I found them excellent frontside carvers. The titanal probably makes them less fun in soft snow and shallower powder than their MT carbon cousins at 74 underfoot (which I also have, stashed back in Tahoe, which cut through the soft stuff like butter, with a surprising amount of float) They carve and charge hard, quite living up to the billing that they are what the Rossi athletes ski on their off-days. Or suitable for a beer league racer.

The M5s I got in mid January, after Chamonix, so I only got to ski them one day, at Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. At 177 and 96 underfoot, they were both the longest and widest skis I've ever skied, so there was some adjustment period. But I found them to perform well as a frontside all-mountain and in the softer snow. They are quite stiff, so they probably wouldn't be ideal for deeper powder, but I am keen to see how they do, compared to my Deacon 84s, which I took out the next day at Soelden, with lots of fresh pow, and had a bit of a struggle in the off piste deep stuff because those are quite stiff with the metal even just around the perimeter of tips and tail, and not floaters at all.
'
In short, I would recommend both of them wholeheartedly. Especially if you can get them for a steal.

Last edited:

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
Demo in conditions your normally ski in. That's all you need to know.

Can multiple skis give you what you want? Absolutely. When it's a tie, pick the one that catches your eye and has a better reputation.

bananyan

Booting up
Skier
Demo in conditions your normally ski in. That's all you need to know.

Can multiple skis give you what you want? Absolutely. When it's a tie, pick the one that catches your eye and has a better reputation.
A cooler topsheet make my skis go faster so I'll go with those

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As the season progresses I can only say I hope Stockli will never change anything in the AX. Like EVER!
Hope they will make EXACTLY the same ski year after year, so when mine eventually die, I'll just buy another pair. And then another....ad infinitum. And when I am like 90 I will give a pair of brand new AXs to all my children and grandchildren, nephews and nieces and other younger relatives. Who needs inheritance money when they can have a pair of AX really?
Hope @LindseyB is listening.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
The best skis better be either the Blossom White Out or Cross Wind. I bought them both on faith (they are kind of hard to demo).
And of course I screwed up my back so all I can do now is look at them

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Coincidentally that's just like one of my "best ski's" which I affectionately refer to as the S3x panther...60% of the time they work everytime for me!
1612662874856.png

Sponsor

Staff online