• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's With the White Shoes?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's just a fad until they figure out that red is faster..

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Haha the white shoes...juat talking aboit that last night. There is one of the Ineos guys I think with grey shoes....they just look filthy.

Where are the sleek black numbers

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd go with yellow shoes to match my jersey..

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
As someone who started racing at 15 some thirty years ago, I find the attempts at gear shaming hilarious. I think newer riders may feel self-conscious about these things but I couldn't possibly care less. When I play hockey the first thing I do is look for guys with torn gear.. Because they're the ones who are going to make you look foolish..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
As someone who started racing at 15 some thirty years ago, I find the attempts at gear shaming hilarious. I think newer riders may feel self-conscious about these things but I couldn't possibly care less. When I play hockey the first thing I do is look for guys with torn gear.. Because they're the ones who are going to make you look foolish..
That's true of most sports, even skiing. There's the pros and comped folks with the newest, maybe even next year's gear. There's the core peeps with "experienced" but still good quality stuff. And, there's the posers and noobs with gear that's as inexperienced as they are.

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
There was a time, mid to late '90s I think, when North wave made shoes that were different colors on either foot. I don't remember if it was just the MTB shoes or not. I so wanted a pair but they were super narrow and extra painful!

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
There was a time, mid to late '90s I think, when North wave made shoes that were different colors on either foot. I don't remember if it was just the MTB shoes or not. I so wanted a pair but they were super narrow and extra painful!

Me too. Mostly because of Paola Pezzo.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
So it looks like I got my mtb shoes in right color last autumn :D Ok maybe I picked white, because black was not in stock, and I got 50% discount on this pair, but important thing is, I'm in color that's trendy at the moment :D
IMG_20190617_095507_794.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
*cough*
Size 42, available to fashion challenged Puggers at minimal cost, less than 30K on the clock, newly glued heel rubber.

#lookdelta4eva

IMG_20190722_103205.jpg

scott43

Skier
So it looks like I got my mtb shoes in right color last autumn :D Ok maybe I picked white, because black was not in stock, and I got 50% discount on this pair, but important thing is, I'm in color that's trendy at the moment :D
I played with red hockey gloves for the longest time.. 75% off, all leather NHL overstock. Hey, deals like that don't come along that often, I'll take the red!! :D

James

Out There
Instructor
I bought a white iphone way back. I thought black was stupid and the white nice. Everyone thought white was for girls. Like a white convertible, camaro, or both.
I just bought a used white/rose gold iphone. Even girlier. You put a case on anyway, but the rose is actually ok.

I'm drawing the line at a champagne colored car. Unless it has very redeeming features that overcome the "I live in a retirement home in Florida" ethos of champagne.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Until last year I was riding white Shimano shoes (still am) with a white Cervelo. The only problem is you have to work hard to retain your leg tan with that combo or risk looking very washed-out, and shaving is essential ogwink

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Tour de France is pretty hot. White shoes help manage the temperatures. Marginal gains.
That's why half of teams has black race suits? I know I know, you absorb more energy from sun, and when you accumulate more energy you also can spend more energy, making you much faster then when wearing white, right? Or maybe human body doesn't really work that way :D

scott43

Skier
That's why half of teams has black race suits? I know I know, you absorb more energy from sun, and when you accumulate more energy you also can spend more energy, making you much faster then when wearing white, right? Or maybe human body doesn't really work that way :D
Well..unless you're Superman...
72fb168fe7af236ca91087e78491b8b3c9e4d0a8_hq.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online