• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
@The Retired Skier You get those Enforcer 104 skis retuned yet so you can finally see their full potential?
I sure did! Noticeable difference! I’ve been on them three days since and loved it!

The new Rossignol SENDER 94 Ti is amazing. It does everything well and seems like it does what you ask without fuss but also delivers speed, power and confidence.

The Rossignol EXPERIENCE 86 Ti freakin’ RIPS! I’ve never looked so good making turns in my life.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Current recreational quiver includes:

Rec skis.JPG

Head Rebel e.Race Pro 175cm/15m (121-68-102) with 0.5/3 tune: These short turn sport carvers are a bit like a detuned, less frenetic, more versatile FIS SL. I use both the e.Race and WRT-ST interchangeably in this role, with perhaps a slight nod to the e.Race for its slightly greater versatility. (alternate Stockli WRT-ST 172cm)

Stockli Laser GS 185cm/19.4m (118-69-97) with 0.5/3 tune: This is NOT a true GS ski, but rather a longer turn sport carver that I find so versatile, that it replaced my 184 AX. The Laser GS is silky smooth, offers good rebound energy, works not only on groomers, but can handle several inches of fresh snow and even survives moguls. (alternate Head Rebel e.Speed Pro 185cm)

Rossignol Hero Plus Ti 181cm/15m (130-78-110) with 1/3 tune: Both the 181 and 174 lengths of this ski are great all mountain groomer cruisers that can carve fantastically well, handle bumps, and although not ideal for the application—they don’t mind a few inches of fresh snow. The shorter versions are a little too much like a SL ski and less versatile. (alternate Stockli Laser AX 175cm)

Salomon Stance 90 182cm/19m (128-90-110) with 1/3 tune: If my Monster 88 and Evolve 90 hooked up and produced progeny, the Stance 90 would be their love child. It carves extremely well, but also has a friendly forgiving disposition, and floats nicely in fresh snow. If only ripping on-piste, I’d definitely stick with my Augment All Mountain 88 Carver, however the Stance 90 is more versatile and and capable in moguls, fresh snow, and off-piste. (alternate Augment AM88c 179cm)

Augment All Mountain 98 187cm/19m (138/98/120) with 1/3 tune: The AM98 is the first ski I have found that offers the quick turning, solid carving, energetic rebound, mogul capability, fresh snow float, and ability to crush chop, as well as slay spring slush that my beloved H&B’s offer. (alternate Nordica Hell & Back 98 185cm)

Nordica Enforcer Pro 115 191cm/21.5m (143-115-132) with 1/2 tune: This is one of my favorite resort powder skis—able to handle several feet of powder, has no problems with the chopped up detritus later in the day, and carves nicely for its width. Surprisingly it is also a great ski for afternoon Spring slush. (alternate Blizzard Rustler 11 188cm)

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have the 115fr, they are still new in plastic, I totally need thoose.. kinda consdering just grabbing the 107 for kicks, the deal I can get on them is soo goood.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 162901

Head Rebel e.Race Pro 175cm/15m (121-68-102) with 0.5/3 tune: These short turn sport carvers are a bit like a detuned, less frenetic, more versatile FIS SL. I use both the e.Race and WRT-ST interchangeably in this role, with perhaps a slight nod to the e.Race for its slightly greater versatility. (alternate Stockli WRT-ST 172cm)

Stockli Laser GS 185cm/19.4m (118-69-97) with 0.5/3 tune: This is NOT a true GS ski, but rather a longer turn sport carver that I find so versatile, that it replaced my 184 AX. The Laser GS is silky smooth, offers good rebound energy, works not only on groomers, but can handle several inches of fresh snow and even survives moguls. (alternate Head Rebel e.Speed Pro 185cm)

Rossignol Hero Plus Ti 181cm/15m (130-78-110) with 1/3 tune: Both the 181 and 174 lengths of this ski are great all mountain groomer cruisers that can carve fantastically well, handle bumps, and although not ideal for the application—they don’t mind a few inches of fresh snow. The shorter versions are a little too much like a SL ski and less versatile. (alternate Stockli Laser AX 175cm)

Salomon Stance 90 182cm/19m (128-90-110) with 1/3 tune: If my Monster 88 and Evolve 90 hooked up and produced progeny, the Stance 90 would be their love child. It carves extremely well, but also has a friendly forgiving disposition, and floats nicely in fresh snow. If only ripping on-piste, I’d definitely stick with my Augment All Mountain 88 Carver, however the Stance 90 is more versatile and and capable in moguls, fresh snow, and off-piste. (alternate Augment AM88c 179cm)

Augment All Mountain 98 187cm/19m (138/98/120) with 1/3 tune: The AM98 is the first ski I have found that offers the quick turning, solid carving, energetic rebound, mogul capability, fresh snow float, and ability to crush chop, as well as slay spring slush that my beloved H&B’s offer. (alternate Nordica Hell & Back 98 185cm)

Nordica Enforcer Pro 115 191cm/21.5m (143-115-132) with 1/2 tune: This is one of my favorite resort powder skis—able to handle several feet of powder, has no problems with the chopped up detritus later in the day, and carves nicely for its width. Surprisingly it is also a great ski for afternoon Spring slush. (alternate Blizzard Rustler 11 188cm)

I appreciate the brand diversity. Those Fischer guys need to branch out. ;-)

I was shopping around for a Hero Plus this morning. A 181 with a 15m sidecut is appealing. But I'll probably go for next season's Redster Q9.8 instead.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Noodler, I am thinking about picking up a pair of Curve GTs, based on your wall I an thinking you don't see to much overlap with the RC One 86GT! :ogbiggrin:

James

Out There
Instructor

View attachment 162901

Did you try the Stance 90 in 176 too?Curious as to the difference in 182.
I agree with your assessment. If anything, in soft snow, it is too responsive, but I skied the 176 and it wasn’t a negative . Great tail in soft snow, that was a surprise
Under rated ski, imo. Has a lot of sublety in it that’s missing in many skis. Or, well rated by testers, but still overlooked. So much more interesting than the Monster. Was not a fan of that ski esp off groomers.

Sponsor

Staff online