• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
and the Volkl Blaze 86
Did you end-up adding this? I did a demo day today and this was the winner of the day for me! I skied it in a length (166) that is shorter than I normally ski, but it was so stable, quick and FUN. I skied the men's and was told there is no difference between the two...the 166 is the longest in the women's run, so maybe I should not overthink it.

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stereo Apex100 V3 in 186cm
Stereo Piste RS78 in 183cm
Head e-Race Pro in 180cm

IMG_1248.JPG

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you end-up adding this? I did a demo day today and this was the winner of the day for me! I skied it in a length (166) that is shorter than I normally ski, but it was so stable, quick and FUN. I skied the men's and was told there is no difference between the two...the 166 is the longest in the women's run, so maybe I should not overthink it.
No, I haven’t pulled the trigger on anything yet. Thanks for your feedback on it. I’m waiting to see how a couple things shake out before I start spending……. :cool:

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
Those look like ON3P C&Ds. You don't consider those powder skis?
Actually old Wrenegades! I only just mounted them and haven't had any time on them yet, but they have a looooot of camber and not much tip rocker. I've heard lots of stories about these skis and I'm very excited to get on them

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
191cm length, 113mm underfoot, 31.3m radius 2400g per ski (from evos page, nothing is written on the topsheets)

Flex is not the stiffest, maybe a hair stiffer than Pro Riders but still pro rider-esque

Mount point is also very far back, don't remember offhand but it could be as much as -15. They make the monster 108s mount look progressive

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seeing as I’m tuning and waxing my skis for storage, they’re all currently in one place and I grabbed a pic of my year ending quiver.

Somehow I now have 9 pairs in the rotation. I got at least a few days on all of them this season, other than the Supernatural 108s which are still around more because they’re a cult classic than because they’re a perfect fit for my quiver. Great skis though - I’ll need to find some time to give them a run next season.

I’m pretty happy with every pair. The skis most in danger of losing their place in the lineup are the Ripstick Black 96s which are used almost exclusively for resort touring. They’re the complete opposite of what I prefer in my skis (hollow and harsh feeling as opposed the smooth and damp) but maybe that’s just the trade off for lighter weight skis.

I could very happily keep my quiver in tact for next season and not make any changes or additions. I know myself well enough though to be pretty sure that won’t be how it goes.
IMG_0728.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ripstick Black 96s which are used almost exclusively for resort touring.
Funny. I converted mine to tech bindings too, but have yet to take them out!

Sponsor