• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

When the time comes to go back out there.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At the two year mark, my doc wasn't exactly thrilled with my returning to skiing as in "I'm not saying you can't, but I'm not saying you should." My physical therapist was a little more on the "What are you, nuts?" side of the argument as I continue to work on my balky right side and my balance. My wife was more on the 'you do what you have to do' attitude.
When I had my heart issues, I asked my Doctor about when I could ski again. He suggested that I didn't ski for a while until he recognized who I was. He said "I'm not worried about you, you can ski". Point being, most of concerns are for people who ski, not skiers. If you feel comfortable skiing, ski. Remember, people don't regret the things they do, they regret the things they didn't do.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I had my heart issues, I asked my Doctor about when I could ski again. He suggested that I didn't ski for a while until he recognized who I was. He said "I'm not worried about you, you can ski". Point being, most of concerns are for people who ski, not skiers. If you feel comfortable skiing, ski. Remember, people don't regret the things they do, they regret the things they didn't do.
Agreed.

My orthopedic surgeon went from "You'll never ski again."
TO
"I know you're going to ski again but please wait at least until the spring. But I wish you wouldn't."
SO
That's what I did. When I see him for my two year appointment I will finally admit that I have returned to the Joy of Skiing.

Sponsor

Staff online