• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Where are you skiing this winter?

justplanesteve

Getting off the lift
Skier
Song & Labrador/upstate NY.
I can't afford to ski all winter without teaching (season pass is cheap, but gas adds up quickly), so back on staff as long as my knees hold out. :)
OTOH, NY treats us 70+ seniors OK at the state resorts, so would like to have a few days at Whiteface later in the year, also hope to try a day trip to Gore which would be new to me. Younger close relative lives nearby if overnight recovery advisable.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I base out of Evergreen, CO in ski season and do day trips for the most part. Favorites are Vail and Breckenridge, which I ski the most.

Typically, I ski the I-70 corridor with a week spent somewhere else with our ski club. Usually ski about 18-20 days. This season, I went ahead and got an Ikon pass, as well as Epic, so will expand my resorts hit in a year. Mainly due to plans with friends to ski Utah for a couple weeks, which are new to me, and I plan to retire midwinter and get 40-45 days on snow this season.

For 23-24 season, I plan to ski the following:
- Vail as much as possible
- Winter Park - haven't skied in four years
- Copper - haven't skied in a few years
- Keystone
- Breckenridge
- Beaver Creek
- Snowbird
- Alta
- Brighton and/or Solitude
- Deer Valley
- Park City
- A Basin
- Loveland

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
I base out of Evergreen, CO in ski season and do day trips for the most part. Favorites are Vail and Breckenridge, which I ski the most.

Typically, I ski the I-70 corridor with a week spent somewhere else with our ski club. Usually ski about 18-20 days. This season, I went ahead and got an Ikon pass, as well as Epic, so will expand my resorts hit in a year. Mainly due to plans with friends to ski Utah for a couple weeks, which are new to me, and I plan to retire midwinter and get 40-45 days on snow this season.

- Keystone
- Breckenridge
- Beaver Creek
- Snowbird
- Alta
- Deer Valley
- Park City
- A Basin
- Loveland
For those with Epic Passes, I did a three part series on Ski Talk with budgetary and other tips for enjoying many resorts in the Vail portfolio, see here. It's 3 or 4 years old and getting a little dated, but perhaps still of some use for those making initial visits to these mountains.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier

- Keystone
- Breckenridge
- Beaver Creek
- Snowbird
- Alta
- Deer Valley
- Park City
- A Basin
- Loveland
Oh man, this is me in 2 years, with a few tweaks. With bases in Lakewood, Granby and Cottonwood Heights. FYI, Steamboat is a really nice stop over on US 40 between Denver and Salt Lake if your driving.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Wow great question! Currently we have the following locked in:
  • 2-3 times a week at Alpental for my kids Freeride practices (ok one night a week out of those three at Central to work on aerials)
  • Crystal
  • Stevens
  • Sun Peaks (over the holidays)
  • Red + plus Cat Skiing with Big Red Cats
  • Banff - Sunshine and Lake Louise
We are also likely going to ski Mt. Bachelor as we have a lot of friends in Bend. We also have another 3-5 places we will visit for Freeride competitions that have yet to be booked. Also if all goes well we will try to find somewhere we can ski in May/June to close out the season ... oh and maybe a trip to Whistler if we can find a place to stay that does not require selling off a kidney lol.

Key theme for most of our skiing will be Ikon Pass mountains or Freeride Comps this year ... trying to cut back on what we spend on passes as it gets up there quickly.
I need to amend this post as I just booked a weekend in Andermatt, Switzerland. Have to go to a work conference in London so spending the weekend with the some friends skiing in Switzerland. They all have Epic Passes so the majority voted for Andermatt .... it looks great, would love to hear from anyone who has skied there as this will be my first time.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Michel and I are off to Snowshoe WV for two midweek days sometime in Jan when conditions seem worth it. 9 Days in Lake Tahoe area feb/mar and lastly Breckenridge with 1 day at Vail Mar/Apr. Our biggest season since 2018.

Sir Bitton

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Super excited to head back to Serre Chevalier this winter for a week. My fifth time now.

Got me thinking, is there a place you always end up always going back to? Or do you prefer testing out new places?
Good question! We're also going to Serre Chevalier soon (Southern French Alps) on 20 Jan '24, starting in Chantemerle. We've been skiing mainly La Plagne (Paradiski) for three or four years so we've come to know it inside out, which can really help make the most of the stay and make planning routes automatic, and even knowing how to get the best from a certain piste! But it does mean we don't get that sense of exploration and discovery - so we're looking forward to Serre Che! Just need it a bit colder and whiter now :)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January