• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Where would you go?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Most of us are lucky to have some pretty good bike trails in our neighborhoods or not too far from home.

Where have you always wanted to mtb? I haven't thought much about this before now. I would like to bike in a redwood or sequoia forest.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm more of a cruiser/hybrid bike rider. There were some nice trails/paths for that in and near Bryce Canyon National Park, UT. Specifically, Red Canyon bike trail outside the park and the scenic drive in the park. The scenic drive in the park follows a high ridgeline and is not have constant large elevation inclines and declines, which is good for easy-going riders like me.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Peru. Sure I want to do the big 11,000 foot descents like Olleros

but there's also coastal desert that needs cruising.

And, of, course, Copper Canyons in Mexico

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sedona (I've come SO close five different times).

Arkansas. They build over a mile of trail a week.

Duluth Minnesota. I grew up in that area. When I left in 1985, there was approximately zero single track. Now there is a lot.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Wilhelmson I'd like to suggest the coastal mountain range near SF Bay area, but with the recent fires, I'm sure many of the signature trails are gone or over crowded.

The Soquel Demonstration Forest

Big Basin Redwood Forest

But I think North Shore near Vancouver BC should be on your list

Pierre

Putting on skis
Skier
I plan on doing the Plateau Passage trail next spring with the modification of clipping the Moab to Durango segment and tacking on the Kokopelli trail onto the route instead. Anyone care to go? I will be on an E bike.

Another route I wouldn't mind doing is the Dempster Highway from Dawson to Tuktoyuktuk.

Sponsor