• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Non Region Specific Where Ya Going? Whatcha Got Booked?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Plans for 22/23 season? Got any? I know you do.

Here's what we have so far:

Condo at Sugarbush, VT 12/26 - 1/2.

Ski club trip (The Mogul Meisters Ski & Snowboard club) to Banff, CAN March 18 - 25.

Thinking about joining some friends for a guys trip in JH in January.

Robin and I are talking about Utah in early Feb. Gathering doesn't work for us because of Banff dates. We like to spread our week-long trips about a month apart.

Yes we are Ikoners.

There will be various weekends in VT and day trips to Windham in the Catskills TBD. And I forgot I'm supposed to go on a sledding weekend in ME. Was supposed to happen last year but didn't.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well it won't be a record year for me like last year :(
Doing 3 days at Stowe Feb 6-8.
Then a 4 day trip to Colorado sometime in March (still need to plan)- picked up a 3 day pass at ABasin and will get another day at Keystone. Was hoping to ski the new lift, but alas that won't be happening this year.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be at Sun Peaks (BC) for a ski camp Dec 9-11

I've got a road trip planned that includes:
  • 3 days at Red Mt in BC
  • PNW/Inland NW mini Gathering at 49* N, Silver Mt and Lookout Pass
  • A day at Lost Trail (MT)
  • A day at Snowbasin and another at Powder Mt
  • The SLC Gathering
I may do some other short trips, in addition to the usual one or two days a week at Alpental and Stevens.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mostly skiing locally at Mt Hood (Meadows, Timberline, Skibowl).

Two trips planned centered around Powder Alliance areas
  • Approx Feb 20-24 mini-PNW Gathering (Silver Mt and Lookout Pass)
  • TBD dates Mission Ridge and White Pass (with my daughter and her boyfriend who got Indie Passes).

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got lift ticket reservations for Big Sky for my birthday in March. Don't have lodging booked yet, will probably stay remote for cost.

Most of my other trips will be late season after Sun Valley closes in April. Want to hit Snowbird in April, as I haven't been in a few years and have days on my Ikon base add-on. Other late season possibilities are Bachelor and Mammoth.

crosscountry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Plans for 22/23 season? Got any? I know you do.
I will be skiing. That's the plan. :ogbiggrin:

Where and when? No idea yet. It's only September. Still only planning fall trips to leaf peeping (hiking/mtn biking), and Thanksgiving to warmer places (biking/kayaking).

It's only when those are done, depending on how well my body and my bank account come out of those trips that winter trips will be made. Most likely stay in the northeast for the early part of the season (pre-President's week). Out west trips Feb-April. Not decided where yet. Quite likely go back to Colorado. Apart from the "usual" IKON trios in Summit county, Steamboat and Taos are on the radar.

Last edited:

PlainsSkier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Jan 10-17 going to Colorado willl likely hit a number of resorts, probably going to be Breck, Beaver Creek and then Aspen. Bought a 2 day Epic pass, already have Ikon.

Feb 2-7 going to Steamboat with a day at Winter Park at the end of the trip.

March 15-21 going to Banff

Might do another trip or two...Will likely make the drive out to Big Sky once.

RUBBERDUCK

Booting up
Skier
The last 2 ski seasons were not the best, so I have to do better this time. A 5 day trip with CMH at the Bugaboos in April. Hopefully 4 or 5 nights at the Rustler for Alta/Bird in January.. I would like to go to Aspen/Snowmass anytime. I have the MCP. I have a season pass for Mount Bohemia. Got a bronze season pass for Perfect North this year. And another new pair of Shaggys.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Big Sky for the Ski and Snowboard HOF inductions, the SLC Gathering, hopefully Mammoth a few times. I'd also like to do Bachelor in the spring when they do the big RV week.

Chuck danache

On the road
Skier
A couple Mammoth trips. Alta/Bird/Bogus first week of Jan taking my kid back to Boise St. Abasin last week Jan. 6 day trip to Alta/Bird/Snowbasin 1st week of Feb. JH, Targhee, and Big Sky first week of March. Maybe a day trip to Baldy or Big Bear? Enjoying the Ikon Pass while the good destinations are available:)

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
5-8 November: ski test in Sölden, Austria
24-31 December: Haute Maurienne Valley (Val Cenis, La Norma, Valfréjus, Bonneval, Aussois ski areas), France
31 Dec - 7 January: Les Trois Vallées, France
28 January - 5 February: Zillertal (Hintertuxer Glacier, Mayrhofen, Königsleiten, Hochfügen, Spieljoch ski areas), Austria
4-11 March: Dolomites (most likely Skirama Brenta: Madonna di Campiglio, Paganella, Passo Tonale, Peio, Pinzolo), Italy
9-12 April: most likely Austria (Ischgl or Montafon I think)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
3/4 days at Niseko in mid-December
3 days at Furano Dec 26-28
4 days at Furano Jan 5-8
x days at Furano mid-Jan
3 days at Aomori Springs Jan 26-28
4 days at Nozawa Onsen Feb 2-5
10-days at Niseko Feb 9-18
4 days at Furano Feb 23-26
12 days in the Alps, venue(s) TBD but definitely closing it out in Davos March 13
2/3 days potentially in U.S. NE during visit to NY March 14-28
multiple 2/3-day trips in April to high-altitude areas in Nagano, or possibly northern Honshu
x days in Shiga Kogen during May, depending on the snowpack

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A friend of mine from grad school and I used to ski and surf a lot together. Mammoth, UT and CO and pretty much everywhere for surf. We’d throw the books in the car and skip class. He’s one of the best surfers/athletes I’ve been around. Was in Surfer Mag as a teen. Lifeguarded through grad school at Zuma.

Then he became a big shot attorney at a big downtown LA law firm. Just disappeared from his friends for 35 years. His family had a ski in out place at Snowmass. Well this summer he got over himself and pulled the plug on his legal career. Turns out he still has that place on Snowmass.

We just made a deal, we’re each going to chase the snow together in The Rockies a minimum of 21 days, wherever it might be. Hopefully some in each other’s backyard. Aside from that, got my DV pass yesterday along with an IKON pass.

Also 5 days at CMH Revelstoke. Used to go there years back.

Early season I’ll do Grand Targhee if as usual it gets earlier snow than here.

Last year due to recovery from an accident I was limited to the last two weeks of the season. This year I’m going to really go after it. I’m so psyched. I’m in ski shape now And not getting younger. Tick tick….

Some great ski plans amongst the folks here.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be doing as much skiing as I can in Maine at Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Saddleback. Let me know if you want to meet up.

I'll be flying out west this year instead of driving. Flying into Denver on 1/28. I'm going to spend a couple of days in the Denver area to acclimate and maybe visit a few friends who live in the area. Driving to Steamboat on 1/30. Plan on skiing Tuesday thru Thursday, 1/31-2/2. Driving to Taos on Friday, 2/3 for the mini gathering. Will probably take a rest day on Saturday. I still have space available in the Airbnb I have reserved in town. Taos ski week, 2/5-2/10. I'll be taking another rest day on Saturday 2/11. Drive to Frisco CO on Sunday. I plan on skiing Monday - Thursday 2/13-2/16. I've never skied at Vail and have a two-day Epic pass, so I'll ski at least one day there. I would really like to meet up with someone who can show me around. Will fly back east on Saturday.

More skiing in the East and the NE gathering at Saddleback.

Oh, and my girlfriend and I are going to Jamaica for a week in the middle of January.

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Planning to ski some of the days that end in Y between November and April, give or take. Thereis talk of a mini-gathering in my neighborhood in February will do that Ullr willing. Really looking forward to that, been hanging around with a lot of you refrobates for 10+ years on line but met very few in person.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
All that is nailed down so far is 3 weeks in Taos (Jan 22-Feb 12) and a week in Utah for the Gathering.
Thinking about extending a few days after the Utah Gathering.

I'm also planning (so far very vaguely) for New England Gathering late March and something (maybe two somethings) in the Spring.
Hoping to squeeze a high-season Mammoth stay in between.

Sponsor

Staff online