• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Non Region Specific Where Ya Going? Whatcha Got Booked?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Spent all my travel money this summer with the Dragon Boat racing. Seasonal condo rented at Tremblant. Ikon pass bought some time ago. So staying home. Maybe a long weekend trip down to Mont Ste Anne to visit a ski buddy that moved there this summer.

Would love to attend the Saddleback meet up, but I realized that, that's quite a drive for me....

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Will ski mostly Gore as often as possible, some days up at Whiteface
Have Ikon-
Dec Killington w/friends
?? Stratton w/friends
January- Taos 1/26-2/4 booked
2/4-2/11 to Steamboat booked
Feb stay East Home bump Royal all winter weekends and holiday weeks.
March- probably staying east to ski; Sugarbush, Loon, Sunday River, the Loaf and want to go to Saddleback and few others 'way over there"
but am tempted to go West.
April- May
Alta, perhaps Alaska and use up Killington Ikon days (skied Kton May 20 this year :)
June - July I really want to go back to Mammoth for late season skiing OR
Maybe Go all the way up to Bachelor/Mt Hood ??

I'M PRAYING FOR A GOOD SNOW YEAR AND NO WARM TEMPS!

TS
Crank

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmm Bachelor...It has crossed my mind. Somewhere we've not been. Ikon as well.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Would love to attend the Saddleback meet up, but I realized that, that's quite a drive for me....
If you stop over in VT and ski Sugarbush beforehand, that’s not nearly as long as a drive, eh. You know you’re always welcome here.

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually booked: Revelstoke Feb 26 - March 4. DH just got the go-ahead from his boss he could take the week before his big trauma surgery conference in Lake Louise the following week.

Waiting for group lodging reservations to open: Lake Louise/SSV March 4-11. Leaving Calgary on March 11 so hopefully will catch @Mel the day before.

Other Plans:
- Killington WROD at least once in November
- Gonna go to the Boston ski show… more likely than not
- Took Monday - Wednesday after Thankgiving off to kick off ski season and also not hit my vacation accrual cap
- Ski Mad River Glen and ride Sugarbush as much as possible; try to score free lift tickets to Jay Peak and go there too.
- Skin at Cochran’s and Mt. Ellen as much as I can.
- Penciled in Saddleback in late March for NEG/Diva meetup crossover
- Spring ski trip at A Basin working remotely?
- Ski or ride spring bumps at Killington

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
Mostly Japan...... and hopefully Georgia later on.

Hokkaido: 4th - 31st Jan
Tohoku: 1st - 12th Feb
Myoko: 13th - 24th Feb
Georgia: 3rd - 13th Mar

And then some skiing at home in CO to finish off the season.......

Fingers crossed it all pans out!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Does no one worry about security, with all these itineraries out on the net? What's that? Your son-in-law the bouncer is house sitting to take care of your Rottweiler? Ah. Okay. Got it.

Ikon boy here.

Well, there are the odd day trips to Sunday River, Saddleback, the Loaf, Pleasant Mountain (name newly restored by Boyne!) and Mt. Abram. Sometimes they are very odd, depending on weather and company. Hoping to connect with @aveski and other local buddies there. (Unfortunately they're nearly all retired now and won't ski weekends anymore, which is totally understandable but infuriating.)

Often I blow the $100 on an early season day ticket at Bretton Woods so I can burn in the groomer turns with @LiquidFeet, and lakespapa from the Epic days. They are worth it. Hoping to do that again.

Last year I visited Vermont in December when I needed to burn some PTO days, and had a great time with @KingGrump and @Sandy_NYC. This year I don't think that's happening. I might or might not be going to the Caribbean for the very first time instead.

XC at the excellent local trail network, if there is snow. And a few more day trips to Jackson, NH, for the same. DW has a season pass there, and pushes hard. God knows I need the fitness, so I shouldn't complain.

On the books I've got ten early February days at Taos including the Gathering, maybe an afternoon at Ojo Caliente, a day at Wolf Creek with @Jerez and @mdf, and other undeserved luxuries. A week in Utah for the other Gathering. Long weekend in Rangeley at the end of March for the New England Gathering.

Finally there is a week in early April at Mt. Bachelor with the S.O. to check out the scene. (She is understandably entranced by the perennially late nordic season.)

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Does no one worry about security, with all these itineraries out on the net? What's that? Your son-in-law the bouncer is house sitting to take care of your Rottweiler? Ah. Okay. Got it.

Ikon boy here.

Well, there are the odd day trips to Sunday River, Saddleback, the Loaf, Pleasant Mountain (name newly restored by Boyne!) and Mt. Abram. Sometimes they are very odd, depending on weather and company. Hoping to connect with @aveski and other local buddies there. (Unfortunately they're nearly all retired now and won't ski weekends anymore, which is totally understandable but infuriating.)

Often I blow the $100 on an early season day ticket at Bretton Woods so I can burn in the groomer turns with @LiquidFeet, and lakespapa from the Epic days. They are worth it. Hoping to do that again.

Last year I visited Vermont in December when I needed to burn some PTO days, and had a great time with @KingGrump and @Sandy_NYC. This year I don't think that's happening. I might or might not be going to the Caribbean for the very first time instead.

XC at the excellent local trail network, if there is snow. And a few more day trips to Jackson, NH, for the same. DW has a season pass there, and pushes hard. God knows I need the fitness, so I shouldn't complain.

On the books I've got ten early February days at Taos including the Gathering, maybe an afternoon at Ojo Caliente, a day at Wolf Creek with @Jerez and @mdf, and other undeserved luxuries. A week in Utah for the other Gathering. Long weekend in Rangeley at the end of March for the New England Gathering.

Finally there is a week in early April at Mt. Bachelor with the S.O. to check out the scene. (She is understandably entranced by the perennially late nordic season.)
Lucky for me I have a big ex marine guarding my house :)

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah. Pretty much. My dog/house sitter also happens to be my shooting instructor. And he brings his dog along (my lovely guest dog who’s staying with me) who is the sweetest thing and also his de-facto service dog that helps him deal with being a veteran with PTSD including being appropriately scary at unwelcome visitors.

I can’t say I would expect the pug to be any use safeguarding my house… he would be very happy to see anyone and gladly lead you to the treat cupboard.

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I live in a condo development. And it's full of seniors....I'm their entertainment!! Best neighbour watch ever!!

Reactions: Mel

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Will be staycation for the gathering. Looking to hit Sun Valley and maybe CO late season.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
With a little advanced notice I can usually head to Bachelor, so I might be able to meet you there, guide a bit, etc.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Updated to reflect latest booking:

3/4 days at Niseko in mid-December
3 days at Furano Dec 26-28
4 days at Furano Jan 5-8
x days at Furano mid-Jan
3 days at Aomori Springs Jan 26-28
4 days at Nozawa Onsen Feb 2-5
10-days at Niseko Feb 9-18
4 days at Furano Feb 23-26
12 days in the Alps, venue(s) TBD but definitely closing it out in Davos March 13
2/3 days potentially in U.S. NE during visit to NY March 14-28
multiple 2/3-day trips in April to high-altitude areas in Nagano, or possibly northern Honshu
x days in Shiga Kogen during May, depending on the snowpack

Chuck danache

On the road
Skier

Ikon boy here.

Wife and dogs will be home. Oh, and the snake.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
We have a rabid mongoose we let loose when away (also, only stuff worth stealing is our skis...so)

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
Dec 8-11 - Deer Valley
Dec 16-23 - Deer Valley
Jan 3-7 - Jackson Hole
Jan 23-30 - Montafon, Austria
Feb 13-16 - Deer Valley
Mar 8-12 - Deer Valley
April 1-9 - Deer Valley

And I REALLY liked Snowmass last year. I will watch the weather and try to sneak out there for a few days with some good snow in the forcast.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Other than the endless days at Breck my ski buddies and I will be road tripping this year the end of February/beginning of March . 2 days Alta, 2 days Snowbird, 3 days Jackson Hole, 2 day Targhee, 2 days Sun Valley, 2 days Snow Basin. We are going to try to fit in Aspen and Crested Butte in the beginning of February.

Sponsor

Staff online