• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
The question- is there a cuff inside the protrusion or is it just air? If so t nuts are fine. Dale boots are pretty unusual. I’ve never even seen one in person.
It's just plastic. But I've never seen a boot that had anything inside the plastic there.

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
a pronged t nut like shown previously will e just fine, in fact daleboot are starting to use t nuts in their assembly rather than the million and one press rivets

having drilled dozens of them for booster you shouldnt have any issues

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The teeth will add more holes and maybe go all the way through the plastic. Wouldn't that be bad?

Almost all the "nuts" in the boots that I have seen are pronged tee nuts. I have came across some tee nuts with a rectangular base without prongs. Those generally have a recess molded in the boot shell to kept the nuts from spinning when the screws are tightened.
If the prongs are too long, just hit them with a grinder.

David

Skier
Words fail. A photo from above/inside would help.
Here's a couple of pic's. But it sounds like the pronged t-nuts are what everyone agrees is best to use so I'll do that in the fall when I've got the tounge and Booster where I want them.

Ya'll talked me into the Zip's and now Boosters! Following you guy's is starting to get expensive especially when I add in the 2 additional pair of skis you made me buy too!

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 20240422_133120.jpg
    20240422_133120.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240422_133104.jpg
    20240422_133104.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 73

slidingmike

Going downhill fast...
Skier
And if you find your booster isn't quite centered as you want it when tightened, you can just repunch the hole where you need it and remount. My booster has probably 4 different holes in it, mostly from moving from boot to boot, but also one from an incorrect mount. It doesn't affect them a bit.

David

Skier
And if you find your booster isn't quite centered as you want it when tightened, you can just repunch the hole where you need it and remount. My booster has probably 4 different holes in it, mostly from moving from boot to boot, but also one from an incorrect mount. It doesn't affect them a bit.
It'd mess with my CDO though...

James

Out There
Instructor
Here's a couple of pic's. But it sounds like the pronged t-nuts are what everyone agrees is best to use so I'll do that in the fall when I've got the tounge and Booster where I want them.

Ya'll talked me into the Zip's and now Boosters! Following you guy's is starting to get expensive especially when I add in the 2 additional pair of skis you made me buy too!

Thanks everyone!
That’s the setup I thought. Leave it to Daleboot to go all weird when everyone else just makes a solid cuff. If that was mine I’d either put two t-nuts, one either side, or go with a knurled brass insert in that middle plastic post with the screw on the inside.

having drilled dozens of them for booster you shouldnt have any issues
Are they like this?

20240422_133104-jpg.234376