• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ctsnowplow

Getting on the lift
Skier
Unless you have a pretty high volume foot wedged in there the gara LV is probably a better bet

they are increasing the volume of the tongue on the corsa as it is a little skinny in the cuff area
I have a pretty medium-low volume foot in an RS, will I have a problem getting the Gara LV in the shell and closing it as normal? Is the entire liner volume more than the stock?

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think the stock Gara and a 97 last are perfect for each other.
I know everyone is different but on paper it seems to be a great match, I only really buckle the top two and use one finger on the bottom two .

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
I have a pretty medium-low volume foot in an RS, will I have a problem getting the Gara LV in the shell and closing it as normal? Is the entire liner volume more than the stock?

if the liner was the same low grade foams as stock then it would be pointless

was there any heat applied to liner or shell? it is often the case that the shell overlap doesn't close up properly at first with a zipfit, if it is gaping wide open then it might not work, but if it is being parted a little, so long as you can do up the cuff buckles and work the boot for a few minutes you often find the OMfit material starts to move, the foot shifts back and then the instep buckle can be closed.... it takes a bit of time and sometimes some effort to get things moving, getting the foot/liner right into the heel pocket is key and when the liner is fresh out the bag it is a bit plump around that area so pushes you forward. it is pretty rare that we can't get someone with the volume of foot that would normally ski that boot into it with a zipfit

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
Anyone having a sticky substance(supposedly a glue?) coming out of the stiches on the honeycomb panels? This is on the left liner but when I pressed firmly on the right I could feel it as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20220303_155253131~2.mp4
    26.9 MB · Views: 0

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Anyone having a sticky substance(supposedly a glue?) coming out of the stiches on the honeycomb panels? This is on the left liner but when I pressed firmly on the right I could feel it as well.

Never noticed that on any of mine. Best to reach out to ZipFit for support.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am curious as to Zipfits. My current boot is a Lange RX130 LV. I really like this boot. I have a bit of a bowed 5th metatarsal and so had some shell punching in that area and at the metatarsal head. Otherwise my feet are pretty average. I like the stock liner but did mold and inject an Atomic Professional Mimic liner for the boots. With the Atomic liners heal hold is excellent but for me the mid and fore foot areas do not give my that snug "handshake" I like in a boot even with the MV tongue. This requires cranking the buckles done which causes other problems. Consequently I am using the stock liner which provides the fit I prefer. There is definitely more material in the stock liner than in the Atomic in the mid and fore foot areas.

For next year as the stock liner packs out I was thinking of trying a Zipfit. I was curious as to the mid and fore foot build of the Zipfits' and wondering if they have the same type of build as the Atomic Professional liners?

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
@Quandary - can you post a picture of your Atomic liner showing the mid foot & tongue area that doesn’t give you snug feel you desire? Be easier to see it so we can compare to the ZipFits.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I am curious as to Zipfits. My current boot is a Lange RX130 LV. I really like this boot. I have a bit of a bowed 5th metatarsal and so had some shell punching in that area and at the metatarsal head. Otherwise my feet are pretty average. I like the stock liner but did mold and inject an Atomic Professional Mimic liner for the boots. With the Atomic liners heal hold is excellent but for me the mid and fore foot areas do not give my that snug "handshake" I like in a boot even with the MV tongue. This requires cranking the buckles done which causes other problems. Consequently I am using the stock liner which provides the fit I prefer. There is definitely more material in the stock liner than in the Atomic in the mid and fore foot areas.

For next year as the stock liner packs out I was thinking of trying a Zipfit. I was curious as to the mid and fore foot build of the Zipfits' and wondering if they have the same type of build as the Atomic Professional liners?

ZipFit has a very minimal of material in the mid and forefoot areas. It's only a double layer of neoprene. Works great for very narrow type fitting shells. I don't think this is the answer you're looking for. Unfortunately the answer is most likely a different shell.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
ZipFit has a very minimal of material in the mid and forefoot areas. It's only a double layer of neoprene. Works great for very narrow type fitting shells. I don't think this is the answer you're looking for. Unfortunately the answer is most likely a different shell.

you crushed his quest so quick.. lol.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thats what I suspected. I like the boot and liner enough that when the stock liner packs out I will either replace the liner with another stock liner (assuming Lange sells them) or investigate Intuition liners (although its mighty hard getting interested in those liners after looking at there website....). Thanks.

Last edited:

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Thats what I suspected. I like the boot and liner enough that when the stock liner packs out I will either replace the liner with another stock liner (assuming Lange sells them) or investigate Intuition liners (although its mighty hard getting interested in those liners after looking at there website....). Thanks.

Nordica does sell the GP liner, Bootdoc has a great foam injection liner and Head has the WC liquid liner. Not sure if any of those might suit your fancy. I just tossed some BootDocs in the trash, but I think I still have the Head WC Liquid somewhere if a picture of those might help.

Reactions: BMC

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
What size shell - interested in a RS130 liner? Never even had a foot in it. When I found my “shell” I bought multiples and use ZipFits……so.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

Some folks go the route of the custom foamed liner when they need to make up volume in the forefoot area. That said, my observation is that as long as the "critical control surfaces" are all tight and held well, then I'm happy. Those control surfaces include the heel, ankles, and instep. I prefer to not have a vise-like grip of my forefoot. Happy feet, happy ski life. ;)

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
I prefer solid ankle hold, a nice firm hold across the top of the instep, a firm handshake in the forefoot and the ability to wiggle my toes up and down. That's what I get now with my RX 130s (after many adjustment sessions with my friends at The Racer's Edge). In my recent experience stock liners haver been lasting about 1.5 seasons. Based on that experience the middle of next season I will require liner replacement.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I prefer solid ankle hold, a nice firm hold across the top of the instep, a firm handshake in the forefoot and the ability to wiggle my toes up and down. That's what I get now with my RX 130s (after many adjustment sessions with my friends at The Racer's Edge). In my recent experience stock liners haver been lasting about 1.5 seasons. Based on that experience the middle of next season I will require liner replacement.
What size liner? I just got some RX130's yesterday. Never stepped in the stock liner. Straight to Zipfit.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone paired a Zipfit with a Full Tilt boot? I love the performance of my Atomics but I'm getting tired of the difficulty putting them on. I may stick with them but if I don't I'm looking at boots that are easy to get on by design, like the Full Tilt or perhaps the Nordica rear entry HF. Thoughts?

Sponsor