• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
I have a pair of the honeycomb, a pair of the leather and an old pair of the hard plastic liners. I don't notice a difference between the honeycomb and leather. The plastic pair is noticeably different.
Just trying to confirm nomenclature between previous “World Cup Stealth” and “Gara Stealth as compared to today’s model lineup.

Is it correct to say:

1). Previous World Cup Stealth came with more cork material inside (maybe mid-volume)?

2). Previous Gara Stealth came with less cork material inside than the World Cup?

Confused with how the previous names align with the new website information which lists Gara LV and Gara HV…although the Gara LV has a “mid volume” amount of cork material…

They have gone away with “World Cup” and now just have the “World Cup Sidewinder”.

5B093CC1-5118-4755-8B62-E3BBE315DFA9.jpeg

529F3427-DB11-4EEA-9093-72682B813220.jpeg

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
As someone considering new boots who thinks Zipfits are the best thing since step in bindings is there any reason to use a new stock liner? Do most of you just move a Zipfit to the new boots when trying on boots for purchase?

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
Gara LV and WC sidewinder are mid volume as ZipFit offers the Corsa which is meant to be their lowest volume liner intended to be used in narrow race boots of 92mm last. Not sure, but Gara and WC probably have the same amount of cork, difference come from the inner material - Gara is neoprene only while the WC has leather to the sides of the foot and lower leg shaft, which makes it slightly less volumous in that area. Of course, the new WC liner has the Sidewinder panel.

@Noodler, you said you have Gara nad WC from 2021...

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Just trying to confirm nomenclature between previous “World Cup Stealth” and “Gara Stealth as compared to today’s model lineup.

Is it correct to say:

1). Previous World Cup Stealth came with more cork material inside (maybe mid-volume)?

2). Previous Gara Stealth came with less cork material inside than the World Cup?

Confused with how the previous names align with the new website information which lists Gara LV and Gara HV…although the Gara LV has a “mid volume” amount of cork material…

They have gone away with “World Cup” and now just have the “World Cup Sidewinder”.

View attachment 155153

View attachment 155154

You have it correct. I have no idea why ZipFit chose to do an "about face" on the volume of cork in the liners as compared to how they were originally produced/marketed. All it has done is led to a ton of consumer confusion.

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Gara and WC sidewinder are mid volume just because they offer the Corsa which is meant to be their lowest volume liner intended to be used in narrow race boots of 92mm last. Not sure, but Gara and WC probably have the same amount of cork, difference come from the inner material - Gara is neoprene only while the WC has leather to the sides of the foot and lower leg shaft, which makes it slightly less volumous in that area. Of course, the new WC liner has the Sidewinder panel.

@Noodler, you said you have Gara nad WC from 2021...

He was asking about the historical differences in the models in regard to the volumes. ZipFit flip flopped in past couple seasons and it only added to the confusion.

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
As someone considering new boots who thinks Zipfits are the best thing since step in bindings is there any reason to use a new stock liner? Do most of you just move a Zipfit to the new boots when trying on boots for purchase?

Every time I purchase new boots, I give the stock liner a shot, but immediately miss the ability to actively customize the fit (add/subtract cork) and the ability of the ZipFit to dynamically adjust to your feet through the course of the ski day.

That said, stock liners have certainly gotten better and better. Case in point are the new Mimic Pro liners from Atomic. However, most every other liner that offers customized fitting is a "once and done" situation. They're only fit for one boot shell (although Intuition can be reheated about 3 times).

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
You have it correct. I have no idea why ZipFit chose to do an "about face" on the volume of cork in the liners as compared to how they were originally produced/marketed. All it has done is led to a ton of consumer confusion.
Thanks for all the help!

One last question (I know…find a fitter), BUT, if I’m trying to find a “current” liner to go into my Lange RX boots (275mm with high midfoot and larger than average calves) which ZipFit liner should I start with? Low Volume, Medium Volume or High Volume.

ZipFit recommended the Freeride, but this starts with the “most” cork material?? IF, my boot shells are fitted/sized properly in which I have little volume/space inside the shell, shouldn’t I start with a “low volume” liner and add material as needed?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Thanks for all the help!

One last question (I know…find a fitter), BUT, if I’m trying to find a “current” liner to go into my Lange RX boots (275mm with high midfoot and larger than average calves) which ZipFit liner should I start with? Low Volume, Medium Volume or High Volume.

ZipFit recommended the Freeride, but this starts with the “most” cork material?? IF, my boot shells are fitted/sized properly in which I have little volume/space inside the shell, shouldn’t I start with a “low volume” liner and add material as needed?

Did you use the ZipFit liner finder? (https://www.zipfit.com/find-your-fit/)

If so, they should reach out directly to you and consult with you to assist with your selection. That really is the best option.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
Did you use the ZipFit liner finder? (https://www.zipfit.com/find-your-fit/)

If so, they should reach out directly to you and consult with you to assist with your selection. That really is the best option.
I did…they recommended the Freeride which does not seem to match up with my limited understanding…

Stick a high volume liner into a boot with an already low volume of available space???

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
@USCskibum - what is wrong with the RX liner? Do you have +50 days on them? If not, and you are still trying to "fix" your boots - its not the liner. #sunkcostfallacy

^ I mean this with all good intentions.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
@USCskibum - what is wrong with the RX liner? Do you have +50 days on them? If not, and you are still trying to "fix" your boots - its not the liner. #sunkcostfallacy

^ I mean this with all good intentions.
No, not 50+ days, but enough to know they feel a little loose and could probably find a better fit.

Reactions: BMC

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I did…they recommended the Freeride which does not seem to match up with my limited understanding…

Stick a high volume liner into a boot with an already low volume of available space???

Did they reach out to you in the days following your completion of using the finder? They wouldn't leave me alone after I used it!

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
Did they reach out to you in the days following your completion of using the finder? They wouldn't leave me alone after I used it!
Yes, but to be honest…very limited and confusing with their answers and information which leads to greater confusion.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Yes, but to be honest…very limited and confusing with their answers and information which leads to greater confusion.

They provided the phone number to talk to them directly for a custom consultation. Did you get an opportunity to speak with them beyond just exchanging some emails?

P.S. Let me add that the amount of OMfit compound should never come into the conversation since it's easily subtracted/added. In fact, I would say it's almost beneficial to get a liner with more OMFit than you need and remove what you don't want from some bladders and potentially add it to others. Hopefully that helps.

D_Mac

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I am looking for some general guidance regarding Zipfit liners.
I have a very normal, average foot with no issues. I have two pairs of boots that I ski-Lange RX and RS130’s.
The RX have a Bootdoc World Cup liner that is packing out after a couple of years. The RS 130 still have the stock liner in them, but need to be replaced as they age too.
I was thinking of a Zipfit liner to use in each. I like a tight/snug/firm fit. Which Zipfit model would you recommend? I emailed Sven, but have not gotten a response.
There aren’t any local Zipfit dealers near me.
Thanks in advance.
I use the Gara Stealth with the Lange RS130. Great fit.

Reactions: BMC

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I use the Gara Stealth with the Lange RS130. Great fit.

I have the WC Stealth in the exact boot. Totally locked in. My point here is that every foot is different and how your anatomy lines up with the boundry on the shell will likely dictate which one BUT you can add and delete OMFit, so its merely a starting point. Good news is that with time you can get them to work.

Boots before were the same shell size Nordica (Patron Pro/Dobermann) and a Gara barely fit.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
I have the WC Stealth in the exact boot. Totally locked in. My point here is that every foot is different and how your anatomy lines up with the boundry on the shell will likely dictate which one BUT you can add and delete OMFit, so its merely a starting point. Good news is that with time you can get them to work.

Boots before were the same shell size Nordica (Patron Pro/Dobermann) and a Gara barely fit.
I’m assuming you are referring to the previous World Cup Stealth and Gara Stealth?

The Lange RS is a higher volume shell with a 102mm last, the RX has a 100mm last and the Nordica you mentioned is a race boot…of course either of the liners is going to fit different between a 102mm last vs. 93mm last.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
They provided the phone number to talk to them directly for a custom consultation. Did you get an opportunity to speak with them beyond just exchanging some emails?

P.S. Let me add that the amount of OMfit compound should never come into the conversation since it's easily subtracted/added. In fact, I would say it's almost beneficial to get a liner with more OMFit than you need and remove what you don't want from some bladders and potentially add it to others. Hopefully that helps.
So, to pour more salt on the wound and continue the Zipfit Confusion Game…here is the response direct from ZipFit to my last question to them:

Question: “Last question…on the previous models (World Cup vs. Gara) which liner has less cork material initially, or are they the same?”

Answer: SAME

So, the run around the bushes continues…if either of these did not work or fit previously (assuming too much cork or taking up too much volume in an already low volume boot shell fit based upon my foot shape/size), why would they recommend a higher volume liner such as the Freeride?

Here is another response to a similar question: “Previously, we had the World Cup liner and the Gara liner - they were the same liner with different colorways, so we got rid of the World Cup to simplify our offerings.”

I guess I’m trying to determine which of their liners, if any are designed for a medium foot with high arch and midfoot in a lower volume shell based upon my actual foot and not just the shell dimensions? Just because it’s a medium or high volume shell (I.e. 100-102mm last) doesn’t mean it has a lot of room if my foot is taking up the majority of space…

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So, to pour more salt on the wound and continue the Zipfit Confusion Game…here is the response direct from ZipFit to my last question to them:

Question: “Last question…on the previous models (World Cup vs. Gara) which liner has less cork material initially, or are they the same?”

Answer: SAME

So, the run around the bushes continues…if either of these did not work or fit previously (assuming too much cork or taking up too much volume in an already low volume boot shell fit based upon my foot shape/size), why would they recommend a higher volume liner such as the Freeride?

Here is another response to a similar question: “Previously, we had the World Cup liner and the Gara liner - they were the same liner with different colorways, so we got rid of the World Cup to simplify our offerings.”

I guess I’m trying to determine which of their liners, if any are designed for a medium foot with high arch and midfoot in a lower volume shell based upon my actual foot and not just the shell dimensions? Just because it’s a medium or high volume shell (I.e. 100-102mm last) doesn’t mean it has a lot of room if my foot is taking up the majority of space…

OK, I'll make the decision for you... ;)

This all assumes you're only selecting from the new current models. The decision could be different if you have access to new old stock liners from somewhere.

First, forget the Freeride. That cuff isn't going to do you any favors if you only ski alpine.

Second, looks like the WC is only available now with the Sidewinder option. I don't think it's necessary for 99% of the skiers on the planet. It might be great (I don't know), but what I do know is that ZipFit liners perform fantastically without it.

Third, if you're not in a plug boot, forget the Corsa.

Finally, that leaves the Gara (which is the model I own the most of). There never was a Gara HV originally, so I'm going to assume that the Gara LV is the Gara that I have. So buy the Gara LV and if you end up needing some OMFit cork, it's now really easy to get directly from ZipFit (and it's cheap).

So there, you got it out of me. I've picked your liner for you. Of course standard disclaimer applies as I am not responsible for your ultimate happiness... ;) :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online