• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
so what is the best approach. Buy Gara LV from shop for $485 (say $510) plus sales tax or on line for $400.
if you're buying from a shop, that implies it will includes fitting and a couple molding sessions with their ovens. Plus likely access to cork that you can get at the same time for fine tuning and also molded right then and there (not free, for similar msrp pricing).
Also, advice as well.

Reactions: BMC

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
so what is the best approach. Buy Gara LV from shop for $485 (say $510) plus sales tax or on line for $400.
Think that is a question only you can answer. Do you have weird feet, any problems with boots normally? Are you just replacing a beat liner on a shell that already fits? How patient are you finding solutions? That extra $100 is short money for boot help/advice/support and or a guarantee of satisfaction. You will need extra OMfit in the tongue normally, boot places usually style you out on that. I guess it depends.

have you had a ZipFit before? Not rocket science but there is some sorcery involved sometimes.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Shells are punched and fitted. Was planning on getting Zipfits beginning of next year or doing the Fischer RC4LV Zipfit. The "inner boots" would go into Lange RX 130LVs. Don't like the Lange liner (never could get that to fit right), currently using Atomic Professional liners. Which I like but problem is once they are injected you can't make any other changes. I would like to put a Zipfit into the Lange's on one foot and the Fischer on the other to compare. Assuming of course the Fischer shell is a fit. The RC4 BOA Zipfit shell in 26.5 seemed bigger than the Lange RX 26.5 shell. The Fischer 25.5 may be to small (not to mention adjusting all the Pivots.....)

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
@Quandary - you'd probably be safe either way. Just a matter of whether you deal with the final fit tweaks or get the shop that sold you the ZipFits to do it. They will need a tweak or 2. No idea about the Fischer boot, but you should listen to the Blister/ZipFit podcast if you haven't already, in my interpretation - that Fischer liner was ZipFit'ish. But not like they just took a Gara or whatever and package it with the shell.

Anyway - good luck, they are very nice. I am in a Lange RS130LV and the Gara LV, about an extra tube of OMfit in each tongue. Nothing on the sides, skip the bottom lace eyelets, no top liner velcro and spoilers speed riveted to the shell. Probably put a bit more in each tongue next season.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Didn't think of how to attach the spoilers..... I would think Velcro sticky would work? maybe too fragile. I listened to they Blister podcast. I think the only difference in the liner is the carbon infused top liner.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Didn't think of how to attach the spoilers..... I would think Velcro sticky would work? maybe too fragile. I listened to they Blister podcast. I think the only difference in the liner is the carbon infused top liner.
Most race boots just bolted on as are mine below

89CE5666-3DF4-4724-9E09-87764C2C2E71.jpeg

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have Raptors and pretty low volume feet/ankles. Really debating going World Cup Sidewinder and maybe removing cork as needed.
I thought about going with the Sidewinder, but decided on the Corsa. One reason was that my Raptors are stiff enough, and I didn’t want to make then any stiffer with the Sidewinder. I also wanted full leather lining (Sidewinder tongue is neoprene). Last but not least my size (275) is sold out…
I have both the Head Formula and the Head Raptor WCR 140, and installed the WCSW in the Formula and the Corsa in the Raptor. I agree that all-leather is the way to go and also that I did not want to stiffen the Raptors too much. The WCSW is quite a stiff liner, and has worked perfectly in the softer and roomier Formula boot.

Paul Frede

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
Swapped the leather WC for a neoprene Gara LV.

Attachments

• BD4B1C6F-C6C6-4D6F-818A-A2EE9550993C.jpeg
    BD4B1C6F-C6C6-4D6F-818A-A2EE9550993C.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 60

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier
After reading back in this thread I kind of regret not getting the Workhorse over the Gara HV for the leather lining. I’m a big fan of leather and can see there would be big benefits from it.

A week ago I posted about needing OMfit for my Gara HV’s, I was able to find some in Montana, don’t even remember which shop it was because I called just about everyone listed on the Zipfit website. Received two tubes and put them in left liner, mostly in the lower tongue and 1/4 on each side in the Achilles area because I had no contact there on my left foot. I must have the skinniest legs ever (kind of already knew that though) because I need more in the tongue. As suggested I’m going to leave the heel pockets alone and focus on the tongue. I just wish my left foot felt like my right foot, which is perfect. I can fit two fingers between my shin and the tongue at the top and I can slide two fingers flat down my shin. Now I just wait for Zipfit to get more OMfit, should be this week they said.
Anything else I should try/be aware of?

p.s. I put my original Cochise liners in to see the difference, I never had a chance with those liners.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
After reading back in this thread I kind of regret not getting the Workhorse over the Gara HV for the leather lining. I’m a big fan of leather and can see there would be big benefits from it.

A week ago I posted about needing OMfit for my Gara HV’s, I was able to find some in Montana, don’t even remember which shop it was because I called just about everyone listed on the Zipfit website. Received two tubes and put them in left liner, mostly in the lower tongue and 1/4 on each side in the Achilles area because I had no contact there on my left foot. I must have the skinniest legs ever (kind of already knew that though) because I need more in the tongue. As suggested I’m going to leave the heel pockets alone and focus on the tongue. I just wish my left foot felt like my right foot, which is perfect. I can fit two fingers between my shin and the tongue at the top and I can slide two fingers flat down my shin. Now I just wait for Zipfit to get more OMfit, should be this week they said.
Anything else I should try/be aware of?

p.s. I put my original Cochise liners in to see the difference, I never had a chance with those liners.
All my bootfitting happens to my right boot. Left boot has never been an issue in any boot. I just added more Omfit to my right boot and I think it's finally good. Fearful of adding too much I kept doing a little at a time, so it's taken a while.

BTW, I got an email from Zipfit that they should have more Omfit in stock at the end of this week.

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier
All my bootfitting happens to my right boot. Left boot has never been an issue in any boot. I just added more Omfit to my right boot and I think it's finally good. Fearful of adding too much I kept doing a little at a time, so it's taken a while.

BTW, I got an email from Zipfit that they should have more Omfit in stock at the end of this week.
Yep, got the same email. What was your issue? Mine is heel hold, its still 100x better than stock liner but I want that legendary Zipfit lockdown.

Jersey Skier

Skier
Yep, got the same email. What was your issue? Mine is heel hold, its still 100x better than stock liner but I want that legendary Zipfit lockdown.
The majority of the boot is fine. I just have skinny chicken legs and was always afraid to add too much to the tongue. I also added a bit to the one chamber that ships totally empty for just a bit more in that one boot.

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier
I’m afraid to add some to chamber 3 because my instep is good right now and it was terrible in my stock liners on my left foot. Does chamber 3 improve heel hold or is mostly just the instep?

Jersey Skier

Skier
I’m afraid to add some to chamber 3 because my instep is good right now and it was terrible in my stock liners on my left foot. Does chamber 3 improve heel hold or is mostly just the instep?
My heal hold has been good since day one. I just had a bit of room where that chamber is on my right foot compared to my left foot.

Yarecki

Putting on skis
Skier
I love my ZipFits so far, what an amazing product. What pisses me off though, is what a shoestring operation this “company” is…
- Always out of the cork tubes… Seriously, if you’re selling your product based on how customizable it is, you better stock the cork. Without that your product does not perform to specifications. Again - customization is one of the selling points, without the cork one can’t customize the liners
- How difficult is it to keep the product description and pictures on your website up to date??? I just bought the Corsa, the product you get is different from the picture on the website. If it wasn’t from this forum, I wouldn’t know what I’m getting. Again - how difficult is it to update the SINGLE picture you have on your website of an item you’re selling for $500???
- The “Resources” tab of the website is laughable… For example, go to “Adding Omfit Cork” section (and forget for a second they’re always out of stock of said Omfit). There’s not a single picture / diagram of where the cork chambers are, what each of them does, how best to add cork, etc. What a joke… How long would it take to include a few pictures with actual instructions? Or at least a link to the YouTube video?

It’s like they actually don’t want people to buy the product, and want to make it really confusing…

End rant. I guess it’s only for really hard-core skiers like ourselves who frequent this forum.

Sponsor